Thoughts on this car?

^lol, well as a person that hates to stand out and be stared at, I would never buy it because it is so strange looking that EVERYONE would be looking at it........with me inside! :eek:

People staring at me = my worst nightmare.:bigsmile:

Somewhere in the future when many other people have one too, then would I consider buying it. It is very cute though.

ImNotMyIllness

I prefer more room. That being said, with global warming, vehicles like these are imperative. Society needs more of these and less SUVs. With so many giant trucks and SUVs speeding around, you almost need one too for safety.
I would rather we were all driving in smaller and more fuel efficient vehicles.

A Many Splendored Thing

^lol, well as a person that hates to stand out and be stared at, I would never buy it because it is so strange looking that EVERYONE would be looking at it........with me inside! :eek:

People staring at me = my worst nightmare.:bigsmile:

Somewhere in the future when many other people have one too, then would I consider buying it. It is very cute though.

But it looks so fun to drive. It even leans into the turns!

I think I fell in love with it already. XD Mostly due to the technology behind it and the efficiency anyway.

Is it strange looking in a good way? I think it looks kinda sleek and, well, furturistic. :p

It's too bad that would stop you from getting it. :(

Lamb

Does anyone remember the hover board in Back to the Future? I would've invested in that.. wonder why it was never mass produced. :p

As for this car, I'd be a little weary of the odds of my survival rate in a car crash. It's adorable looking, and if it really made a big impact on helping to reduce global warming (let's say it became very popular)- I might reconsider. I prefer vehicles with a bit of height.

corranhorn

Buy a nice used motorcycle for 2000-5000. Excellent fuel economy. The problem with that thing is the price. And the maintenance. Only a few places would work on it I bet. I'm an environmental advocate too, but you could drive a tank to work everyday and it wouldn't speed up or slow down global warming one bit. There are hundreds of millions of vehicles polluting the air and until there is a global initiative, nothing will change. You might as well be comfortable and have something cheap and easy to maintain. 19,000 is a ridiculous price.

Man, that is so cool. I think that were I ever to live on my own I'd definitely want to tag team this thing and a bicycle as main means of transportation.

Silatuyok

I like this car, but I wouldn't feel safe driving it around other cars/trucks/SUVs. How do they keep it from tipping over in a fender bender?

A Many Splendored Thing

Buy a nice used motorcycle...

I wouldn't want a motorcycle. This basically has the pros of a motorcycle without the disadvantages that would keep me from buying one.
I like this car, but I wouldn't feel safe driving it around other cars/trucks/SUVs. How do they keep it from tipping over in a fender bender?
This video didn't have that explanation. The gyroscope keeps it up in a crash. 1300 ft-lb of torque

Silatuyok

Oh, I didn't even watch the video, d'oh! I like it. I've always wondered when they were going to invent an enclosed scooter, so I could buy one. This is even better!

mikebird

Banned
If there were colour options

If it was fast and exciting, and a removable roof.

I don't need to investigate further yet, but did see a good TV review where this will steer itself, and be safe. Hopefully a top sound system with amp and many subwoofers, for a good commute.

Craved a bike for years, because I see so many blasting past me in my car on the M4 straight into London, in the sun and serious rain, and making the way through long queues of traffic. I see a certain set of free bike parking racks down an alley in Holborn. That's for me. I've ridden scramblers. One friend is a London courier and loves his Ninja bike. I started on a moped to deliver pizzas. I'd start with a 600cc and then a 750...

I know there is high evidence of death and mutilation. Maybe not for the faint-hearted, but I know the feeling of controlling your machine well, raising the personal physical confidence that you won't make mistakes after enough practice. I don't like the idea of wearing leather in summertime. I see them arriving in the office needing to shed the leather and get a shower. I am bored of my saloon car. It's too sloppy having 4 wheels and just pointing where to go, using a wheel.

A Many Splendored Thing

There are also a few other points I'm wondering about.

What would be the reasons you wouldn't buy this car? Initial cost being an exception(they really hurt its uptake with this but most markets do this.)

Do you know how much your car costs over 10 years?
-Maintenance-Cost of repairs
-Gas
-Etc.

Do you think being 'Green' isn't worth the loss of aesthetics you like?

Last edited: