Things you think are underrated

upndwn

As a counterpart to THIS thread, I thought I would make a thread where we could list stuff we think are underrated.

I'll start:

Movies based on books
Cover songs
Space exploration
The dangers of overpopulation
Ray Langston from C.S.I
The new Star Wars trilogy
Symphonic metal
The scope of mental illness
The dangers of organized religion
The long-term effects of bullying
The artistic value of video games
Human instincts
Instant coffee

The time it takes women to do the unpaid domestic work around the house. (WARNING: iminent sarcasm)

-Some kids and husbands think the tiolet, bath and hand-basin are all self-cleaning mechanisms.

-Have no idea the amount of time involved in separating clothing into whites and colors for washing, then scrubing stain remover into hard stains, soaking the required time, then hanging cothes on the line, and taking them off, or going back and forth to the dryer to check whether they are done, then folding them, then placing each family members pile of folded clothers into the right draws in their room, then ironing the clothes that need ironing. No. Clothes don't take that much time to keep clean and folded and ironed and away in draws/cupboards handy for use at all.

-And then of course it is very fortunate that the cupboards and fridge have new fresh food magically appear in them every few days, the bathroom cupboards are always stocked with everyone's required hygiene products, and the cupboard never runs out of cleaning agents, the kitchen draw never runs out of pens, paperclips, note-paper, sticky-tape, stapler/spare staples, torch batteries etc, and the medicine cabinet magically always has sufficient bandaids, antiseptic cream, anti-acid medication, pain relieving medication etc, again which requires next to no time to plan, buy and pack away so no one else in the family has to go to a grocery store/drug store and inconvenience their planned daily activities.:rolleyes:

-Won't bother to mention the underestimated amount of time it takes to plan and cook dinners, breakfasts and packed lunches, taking into account all family members likes and dislikes, health, favourite treats and convenience.

Agent_Violet

living alone

(particularly in light of the last post :])

for real. i second that.

underrated:

-men who busts their butts working their life away to provide for their families

-having teenagers work for the things they want like cars and ipods,cell phones,etc

-drew-fit dress pants from the limited

-online friends

Rembrandt Broam

Kindness.

Holding the hand of someone special.

The TV series 'Community'. ("Emmy people...Y U No give this show award!!?")

Quietness and solitude.

The Nintendo 3DS. :D

Silatuyok

-Have no idea the amount of time involved in separating clothing into whites and colors for washing, then scrubing stain remover into hard stains, soaking the required time, then hanging cothes on the line, and taking them off, or going back and forth to the dryer to check whether they are done, then folding them, then placing each family members pile of folded clothers into the right draws in their room, then ironing the clothes that need ironing. No. Clothes don't take that much time to keep clean and folded and ironed and away in draws/cupboards handy for use at all.

Thing is, your kids and husband probably wouldn't care if all they had to wear were stained, rumpled, disorganized clothings. Sounds like you're making too much work for yourself. ::p:

AGR

skepticism,its one of the really good things that happened in my life,not saying deny everything or that I cant be fooled,but at least its harder to believe in things that make no sense,are already proven wrong or have weak evidence/no evidence.