The strong will survive and the weak shall fall...

Nack

Banned
I don't think I wanna have kids anymore; hearing peoples SA story, and the crisis that is around us: politics, economy, terroism, etc. I thought about this and I honestly do not want to raise a child; of course... I'm not even mentally ready atm either so. And besides there's probably not a mate for me anyway so I think I'll end the Nack bloodline here. And let my brother and sisters take the role of continueing the bloodlines of the Nack father and Mother. Because quite frankly, I've given up... Thank you.

Last edited:

mrb

you might feel like that at the mo but you might find over time your feelings on those thoughts might change , but yes i can relate to how you feel , iv spent a lot of my life hating this world , but as my gf says you cant change it , no point in thinking to much about it , all you can do is not dwell on the bad things you cant change , but concentrate on your own life , and try to enjoy the good things in life ...

Felgen

A lot of people (including my own parents) shouldn't have kids. There are a lot of friendly, nice people who have no parenting skills whatsoever, and when they see some of their friends with kids, they envy them and think that they also should have kids.

Emily_G

No such thing as a perfect parent. Some people have to be taught how to be parents...and that is totally okay IMO.

Luke1993

I also do not want to have children Nack. There has been hip and knee problems on my mother's side of the family for generations, as my great grandfather was Italian, the condition was apparently quite common over there. I inherited these hip problems from my mother, (She was born without hip sockets, I was born with them but they were not properly formed) if I were to have a kid there would be a 50% chance of them inheriting my disability. I wouldn't want my child to suffer and be limited because of that. It would be unfair for the child, and anyway there are enough people who are making kids in the world.

My brother and two sisters were lucky and did not inherit the disability, so I will make sure the disability gene ends with me. They can carry on the family line if they want to.

Heh, I was about to say the same thing into another thread but decided not to. What a weird connection.

I'm afraid that it's just a fact of life. In this world only the fittest survive. If you are strong you live, if you are weak you die. It just happens that many people rather stay on the weak side rather than improving to become stronger both physically and mentally. Take SP and a person with high self esteem for example, but who is to blame really?

I have too much problems to think about getting a girlfriend or even having a child. I'm not interested anyway and getting rid of SP is more important to me. My bloodline ends with me.

Last edited:

lunarla

Well, I guess you can have steaming hot baths now?

Seriously though, I've thought about this a lot too. Where the world is at now, I wouldn't be able to bring a child into it. I'm just really hoping that it starts to get better instead of worse though! Because my maternal instinct is already really strong and I'm only 18 :\. So I can't imagine what it'll be like when I'm near thirty and more ready to actually have a child... I guess I'll just have to do with my illegitimate son for now.

Richey

I do recall the 1990's or pre-2001 as being alot simpler and livable although maybe that's because i was a kid in primary school/high school and adult responsibilities weren't a feature ...but i do remember music bringing a spiritual element to the community. i recall my sisters parties where they'd play all the britpop and grundge songs of the time and also the radio hits were great back then...so music was way better in the mainstream and there wasnt terrorism or wars or economic meltdowns ..there wasn't even mobile phones or the internet until around 1997-98 in houses...
house prices were decent and jobs were much easier to attain..
young people weren't expected to all study at university like they are today..

also diseases like cancer and so forth weren't talked about in such openness like they are today in the media and around relatives, so you are more likely to become a hypercondriac then ever before...

but then you could say now we have alot more choice of technology and more awareness of health and life etc ..

No parent is perfect. U don't need to have the perfect skills, just try to be a good parent and it'll be all fine. I'm 18, and I'd love to bring up a child in the future. I can't live without the idea of having a family. that's really a wish of me.
And I want to have something ''of my own'', Like a daughter or a son.
Somehow I feel blessed to have kids who are like me ( personality i mean) I could have a great bond with them. And I'd love the idea of shopping with my own daugher... like i'm always shoppin with my mom ^^. And i hope my son or daughter likes music.. So I can teach them singing and playing music.
sadly my brother doesnt want to join our music. Cuz my whole family loves music except him :p But I'd love the idea of having kids. And of course a lover , a real family.
And I know the world isn't perfect, but I will fight me through it ;)

The world is not any worse now than it was 100 years ago. The media loves to sensationalise news events, and with the advanced information technology of today, everyone is exposed to it a lot more than in the past.