the randumm nullness thread

MollyBeGood

Today I watched two well dressed boys, both wearing white shirts and ties, searching and scrounging around the sidewalk for used cigarette butts.
One would pick one up and they would both inspect it and then they would move quickly to find the next. And they were doing it so fast. They were out of sight very quickly.
It all seemed dystopian. Like something from a dystopian movie.

wow what a strange observation...were they 7th Day boys off their bikes?

S_Spartan

Lol I listen to it sober all of the time, too. Truth hurts is all I gotta say.

yeah, you know I'm always saying that the people walking around without any big epiphanies are mighty lucky cause they don't realize how crappy the world really is. Blissfully ignorant is what they are.
They have their little dramas and shit and don't really see the big picture.
They are cogs in this big machine but they never know it.

MollyBeGood

yes! the Useful Idiots. he's touching on that now. Damn I like Alan Watt. There's no BS to his words. He's not tying to kill us with kindness or mask a hidden agenda. If more people listened to him and GOT IT this world might have a chance. Might.

MollyBeGood

At one point, Barnum noticed that people were lingering too long at his exhibits. He posted signs indicating "This Way to the Egress". Not knowing that "Egress" was another word for "Exit", people followed the signs to what they assumed was a fascinating exhibit — and ended up outs.

Our society in a nutshell.

S_Spartan

At one point, Barnum noticed that people were lingering too long at his exhibits. He posted signs indicating "This Way to the Egress". Not knowing that "Egress" was another word for "Exit", people followed the signs to what they assumed was a fascinating exhibit — and ended up outs.

Our society in a nutshell.

Hhahah...the thing that people don't realize is how much society is set up to optimize their usefulness to..*drumroll*...society.
All of this "bettering yourself" stuff that people do is really just to make themselves more fit in the eyes of society so they might get there little reward.
And society my give you a crumb but it will keep the rest of the cake for itself!

MollyBeGood

Absolutely. That's pretty much why I now reject everything about it. Gets kinda depressing and lonely at times but the alternative is not acceptable.

S_Spartan

Absolutely. That's pretty much why I now reject everything about it. Gets kinda depressing and lonely at times but the alternative is not acceptable.

I've been feeling pretty liberated lately. I just watch all these people running around acting like every little thing they do is so important and I chuckle to myself.
People just so willingly put themselves into all these little traps and most of time it's because they are doing what they are expected to do.
I'm just gonna let my chin grow down as long as it can, look like a freak, and try to enjoy the decline! :thumbup::bigsmile:

yeah, you know I'm always saying that the people walking around without any big epiphanies are mighty lucky cause they don't realize how crappy the world really is. Blissfully ignorant is what they are.
They have their little dramas and shit and don't really see the big picture.
They are cogs in this big machine but they never know it.
^ I kind of envy those people. :sad: Do you?

I wish there was a way to get back into "the matrix". I am tired of the truth, ignorance is the only way to survive without going insane. Well for me it is anyway. I want my childhood ignorance back! :kickingmyself:

Goblinko

Sometimes it's better to not know about some stuff than try to "dig deep" into the truth with risking yourself going nuts.

Too much information can screw you but so does being complete ignorant of your surroundings. So it's like that quote: "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

S_Spartan

It's too late for me. There is no going back.

Once you know how the illusion of the magic trick is made it's not exciting anymore.

But it does blow my mind that there are many people out there who will never even know what an existential crisis is let alone experience one.