the holy bible

durda_dan

i just started reading the bible, and i have felt much better about life and ocd since.
I feel more in control, and i feel like jesus and God are helping me on my quest.
if anybody has some problems with OCD and don't know what to do, i recomend getting a bible.

jameshable

No offense, but if you're the kind of person that might be susceptible to faith, yes it might work for you. But the power is in your own mind to change yourself, not a book.

You know what's funny? Back when my SA was so terrible (about 3 years ago) I was somewhat religious. I've gotten so much better just by trying to change my thought patterns and such, no religion needed here. For all the progress I've made, I thank myself.

Last edited:

jameshable

i've noticed most people here are atheist??!!

Why does that startle you? These days religious people aren't as common, or at least not as sincere and virulent as they used to be. They all flock to the churches. People are waking up from this nonsense.

There are more atheist's about these days then ever before. My family don't go to church, and most of the neighbours don't either.

Dudley

Oddly enough, this is the first thing my girlfriend at the time suggested when I told her I have OCD.

Lorraine Manca

Spoil sports.
I'm glad the Bible helps you. You can talk to me about the Bible anytime. I've studied it a decent amount and I really like to talk about it.

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
Evil Bible Home Page

How can the bible make people feel good?

Last edited:

Lorraine Manca

Banvard, you probably dont care what I have to say. This probably won't make sense to you, but death isn't really a big deal to God. In the belief system of the Bible, you exist if your alive and you exist if you are dead. If you believe that people persist past death, death isnt the "game over" that it is for athiests. However it is a big deal to people, because its scary, so it is very much like a parent's punishment, unpleasant but harmless. It's true God isn't always nice in the Bible. He doesn't have to be. He's simply bigger than us. The Bible doesn't sugar coat anything. that's a good thing. my own spirituality is very fluid and i am defending the Bible simply because I respect all religions. let people figure it out on their own. its not fair to discourage other people.
oh yeah, killing in general was a more acceptable thing to do back then. historical context always helps.

Last edited:
I think when the bible talks about 'kill' it means that you will not go to heaven, but you will be forgotten and gone, death.....

this_portrait

So some people like to use the Bible (or any other religious text, for that matter) as inspiration when dealing with their OCD. So what?

Why should some people's methods of coping matter to other people? If it isn't your thing, then leave it be. There's no need to question them about it. You go about your way of coping (if you are coping), and they will go their way. So what if someone merely suggests their method? It's just a suggestion; you don't have to take it.

getbornagain

It's good to put your faith in God. If you don't have salvation in this life you will in the next.

I just realized most people think my username refers to Christianity, when in fact it actually refers to the Alice In Chains song 'Get Born Again'. But I am a believer.

mmmm

No offense, but if you're the kind of person that might be susceptible to faith, yes it might work for you. But the power is in your own mind to change yourself, not a book..

It's not that the bible has superpowers and merely touching one will cure all. To me, it's like a manual that tells you about resources that you have in your life that you otherwise wouldn't know about or how to use them.

Anyone need prayer? Feel free to PM me.

Noca

Banned
I think when the bible talks about 'kill' it means that you will not go to heaven, but you will be forgotten and gone, death.....

It means kill. God, according to the bible has murdered countless amount of people. Small such examples are the cities of Sodom and Gamora. He said they were all sinners, but what does EVERY city have?? Women, and CHILDREN. How is a infant child a sinner? So in other words, he MURDERED children when destroying both cities.

I will NEVER serve a murderer or any god.

We are supposed to look the other way because of all the good things God has done. But what happens if mother Teresa murdered just one person in her life, would we look the other way too? NO, why? Because even one life is significant and the murder of such is unacceptable. So why does God get away with it?? Not only does God murder but everyday followers kill and die in the name of religion(not just christianity).

God is the most selfish being in the universe to ever exist. He created 2 entire races (humans and angels) to SERVE him for eternity REGARDLESS of the suffering that would happen as a result. If you dont call that selfish than I don't know what is.

krs2snow

I think "truth" stands on it's own. It doesn't diminish w/time. Whereas lies eventually fade.

jameshable

I think "truth" stands on it's own. It doesn't diminish w/time. Whereas lies eventually fade.

Well, then you would agree that hinduism is more credible than christianity because it is much older than christianity.. Hinduism is still around today too. Lies can go on for a very long time!

krs2snow

Well, then you would agree that hinduism is more credible than christianity because it is much older than christianity.. Hinduism is still around today too. Lies can go on for a very long time!

I don't mean to give credibility to one religion or another. I just believe if u look for truth, u will find it. At the basis of all religions there exists Love.

jameshable

I don't mean to give credibility to one religion or another. I just believe if u look for truth, u will find it. At the basis of all religions there exists Love.

Religious people don't seek truth, they seek an easy answer. And once they find that simple answer, they stick with it adamantly, but foolishly. As for your association with love and religion, that could not be farther from the truth. If religion needs to be associated with a word I would pick stupidity.

If I were to ask you to think of an evil thing done by religion, you would probably think of something before I even finish asking the question. Does it not settle well with some of you that if I were to ask you to think of an evil thing done in the name of atheism, you would find it hard to think of an example? Take that link provided by someone earlier in this thread. That person thought he would cure her daughter by talking to his imaginary god in his own head, instead of rushing her to a hospital. She died.. It's definitely not the first case of its kind, either! Only a religious person would find it appropriate to do this. Imagine if instead of praying for his daughters survival, he dropped pencils on the ground hoping that it would save her.. You would think he's absolutely mad! Well, both methods of trying to save her would have the same effect.

It would do people well to release themselves from such childish nonsense.

Last edited: