The Absurdity of this Site

ridicule

I'm new, and all that jazz, but can I just point out the irony of this site a bit? A social site for the socially awkward and inept. I know that probably we are the most to gain from it, being the type to not interact much in the conventional way humans have for centuries. That's the one thing I like about the internet. Without it, we are stuck with the people in our area, but with it, we live in a global village, the only barrier is knowing which house belongs to which people.

Does anyone else feel that, in a different environment, you could be different? Not a party animal or anything, but different significantly than you are now.

da_illest101

I don't think I would have been a different person without this site. A thing about real life is that I would have never tried to get some help, till this day I'm still not trying to get help, yet I made a lot of progress.

I personally found this site randomly and I was quite ignorant about my condition. With time I learn that i wasn't the only one with this problem, i learn tricks and ways to improve my life. This site helped me a lot to the point that I can function a 100 times better then I did a year and a half ago. I'm sure that without it I would not have improve my condition and it would have become worse.

vexatiousmind

research had shown close knit, small communities help with metal illness like schizophrenia. Idk if they do anything with SA.
But I can imagine if I lived in a very small community were everyone was accepting and friendly to everyone else, then yeah I would prob not be so anxious.

Feathers

There have been threads about this, people HAVE been different in different environments yup.
Or maybe different countries or even continents...

I don't know why 'absurdity' of this site would come to mind? Some people live among others who may not have same or similar interests and experiences, and may connect better with people across the planet lol.
When I was a teenager I had penpals, we wrote long letters... This is the same, but quicker.

Some people like to interact RL, some may prefer writing or long distance lol.

vexatious, I live in a small town and preferred living in a bigger city! :)

HeadFace

tbh its more of a support site than a social site.
But yeah most people (I think) are more comfortable meeting people through here and stuff like that.

MollyBeGood

In a different environment I am completely happy and not anxious, my current situation is bad but when I spend a day doing something positive w/positive people it's like night and day. right now I am serving a prison sentence.

ridicule

In a different environment I am completely happy and not anxious, my current situation is bad but when I spend a day doing something positive w/positive people it's like night and day. right now I am serving a prison sentence.

Prison? For what?