Susan boyle

FOR REAL

Banned
from a woman who had never been kissed, unemployed, and learning difficulties

i dont care what anyone sais and neither does she :)

shes completely ripped apart the whole social anxiety thing!
i wish i had her courage and bravery
and now shes went straight to number one in the charts
oh and by the way shes scottish too :)

Harleyq

She never came across as socially phobic in her mannerisms, IMO. I've always wondered if she has S.A. because of her background, but on stage she seemed pleasantly outgoing. I love listening to her sing.

The only BGT contestant I've seen who seemed like he might be socially nervous was Jamie Pugh, who has severe stage fright, and drives a van for a warehouse by day, delivers pizza by night:

Bring Him Home

Last edited:

Badbuz

She didnt have sa she def had sum sort of mental health issue but she nva looked anxious.fair play tho she did well and now she wil have a better life

Nicholas

We can all do the same. Let's just go out and shout: "Hey everyone, I'm a virgin! I never even kissed a girl! I am scared of people!"

And... everyone will laugh at you and call you a loser. Susan was different just because she had a particular talent, and people around her smelled "money", so nobody dared call her a weird loser.

If you don't think so, what are you guys waiting? Just tell everyone about your problems and how weird you are, if you think everyone will accept that.

Last edited:

emmasma

I do not watch TV much expecially those type of shows that are cheap and demeaning so I had never really seen her until right now even though I had heard of her. I cried real tears. Go Susan!

Harleyq

We can all do the same. Let's just go out and shout: "Hey everyone, I'm a virgin! I never even kissed a girl! I am scared of people!"

And... everyone will laugh at you and call you a loser. Susan was different just because she had a particular talent, and people around her smelled "money", so nobody dared call her a weird loser.

If you don't think so, what are you guys waiting? Just tell everyone about your problems and how weird you are, if you think everyone will accept that.

I don't think that's what FOR REAL was getting at. I think he meant to say that Susan Boyle is living her life and had the guts to go out and pursue what made her happy despite any anxiety she may have had. It had nothing to do with "outing herself" about her mental problems or some of us wouldn't have doubted her having S.A.

Luke1993

She never came across as socially phobic in her mannerisms, IMO. I've always wondered if she has S.A. because of her background, but on stage she seemed pleasantly outgoing. I love listening to her sing.

The only BGT contestant I've seen who seemed like he might be socially nervous was Jamie Pugh, who has severe stage fright, and drives a van for a warehouse by day, delivers pizza by night:

Bring Him Home

Actually there was a big thing about him putting on the stage fright act. He actually had performed on stage numerous times singing with a group of friends in many theaters, bars and clubs. The press had a field day when that was found out lol

mrb

what can you say ... she blew em away thanks for that link shes fantastic , way to go susan , im 1 of her biggest fans ;)

Nicholas

I don't think that's what FOR REAL was getting at. I think he meant to say that Susan Boyle is living her life and had the guts to go out and pursue what made her happy despite any anxiety she may have had. It had nothing to do with "outing herself" about her mental problems or some of us wouldn't have doubted her having S.A.

The point was she had the balls to do what she did, and we wouldn't be able to do the same. But I was trying to say that she had the balls, yeah, but she could also sing well, and she must have taken the courage from that. We could do the same, but we would need to have a big talent to compensate for our "defects".

FOR REAL

Banned
what can you say ... she blew em away thanks for that link shes fantastic , way to go susan , im 1 of her biggest fans ;)

aye shes completely broken all the rules:)
and i never knew she did "wild horses" but it proves shes not just a one hit wonder!
so thanks for that mrb :)

FOR REAL

Banned
I just got done watching Susan Boyle's 'Wild Horses' performance. Her voice is absolutely amazing! I was hypnotized! I can't believe that she lost to that dance group. Those guys had talent but I didn't feel anything while I watched them. Boyle made me feel.

i have to plead guilty here, cause i usualy ****in hate reality tv programs, but well im a big scottish sissy:D
but like you say sarafina, she hypnotised me aswell. and she brought me to tears too