Survived a sports event!!

blackgatescross

Went to the cricket in Wellington tonight and survived it. Didn't chicken out and stayed for the whole game.

I like sports and sports events. It is good to be around people, when their attention is elsewhere.

I would love the opportunity to go to a party, never really did that when I was young as I never got invited. Bugger!

Emmaa

Congratulationsss! That's good :) Sporting events are a good idea because a) as you said everyone is focused on something else and b) it can be a good conversation starter.

Keep it up!

JamesSmith

The last sporting event I went to there was a 300 lb+ guy sitting behind me that I got into an argument with after he stuck his padded seat cushion in my back for 10-15 seconds. He was invading my space and I don't regret what I did. I asked him to please move his seat cushion out of my space and off my back, and he proceeded to yell at me that he didn't do anything wrong. For the next 45 mins, he tried to harass me in every way possible so I finally just decided to move seats. I know that standing up for yourself can have consequences, but I think I'd rather die standing up for myself than be taken advantage of.

Last edited:

coyote

Went to the cricket in Wellington tonight and survived it. Didn't chicken out and stayed for the whole game.

I like sports and sports events. It is good to be around people, when their attention is elsewhere.

I would love the opportunity to go to a party, never really did that when I was young as I never got invited. Bugger!

Congratulations!

Cricket match - that was like a whole week then, huh?

That's awesome!

GoBlue72

Nice job! I love going to all sorts of sporting events, and it was one of the situations that used to cause me some of the most anxiety. Especially if alcohol wasn't involved, and it was a crowded stadium with few exits. I know how difficult it can be.