Supreme Court Ruling Makes Same-Sex Marriage a Right Nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeheart

Homosexuality or gay marriage is not normal. The fact that Society today wants to accept this as a normal thing sums how messed up this world is. Its not normal and it's a fact.

Homosexuality or gay marriage is not normal. The fact that Society today wants to accept this as a normal thing sums how messed up this world is. Its not normal and it's a fact.

Forget things like murdering tourists because they aren't taking part in Ramadan, or politicians signing away sovereignty to corporations(TTIP and TPP), allowing gay people to take part in a completely man-made tradition sums up how messed up the world is. The Netherlands have had gay marriage for 15 years, a portal to the underworld hasn't opened up yet.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

If by homosexuality being not normal you mean that only a minority of the population identifies as homosexual (I believe it's about 5%, off the top of my head), then yes. That is a fact. It's also a fact that only about 7% of the population is left-handed.

I don't see the relevance of how normal it is.

I would not eat a sweet potato. I think they're gross. It would not occur to me to make a law that forbids anyone else from eating sweet potatoes. I do not require everyone to have my tastes.

Why do you?

takeheart

Marriage is supposed to between man and woman. It was that way at first, it should stay that way. You don't need a God to tell you that or a book. I don't like it personally and it disgusts me to see how people are trying to force it down our throats. I don't hate homosexual but the fact is homosexuality as a whole isn't normal. How is having sex with another man normal? Or another girl? That's messed up.

Normal? Eh, perhaps not. But it is however perfectly harmless and perfectly natural.''Normal'' is a subjective term based on what is socially common.

Because it is subjective, it is therefore inherently not factual. It's a sociological opinion, one that is quite harmful to millions of people. And that is a fact. It makes some people uncomfortable (for various reason,) and as a result the many used it as justification to bully the few into a subpar quality of life.

But no matter how uncomfortable it makes you that society is starting see homosexuality as a non-issue, it doesn't even remotely compare to the discomfort caused to those that were willfully withheld basic human rights and common decency because of the views that weren't even their own.

It's not about acceptance, it's about tolerance. It's about treating two consenting adults like consenting adults regardless of what others think. You don't have to like it - just allow it. Marriage between same sex individuals doesn't in any way devalue any other marriage, and it should be treated as such.

Last edited:

takeheart

No, sorry. I will never see it as a normal thing. I'm not hating on homosexuals but the whole is thing is just not normal. I don't like it, never will. I just don't. I will stand for what's right.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
No, sorry. I will never see it as a normal thing. I'm not hating on homosexuals but the whole is thing is just not normal. I don't like it, never will. I just don't. I will stand for what's right.

You've made quite clear that you have strong feelings on this matter.

You have not made clear why being anything besides normal is in any way a bad thing, nor have you been very specific about what you mean by normal to begin with.

:idontknow:

Ithior

In 20 years gay marriage will be a normal thing. What is "normal" changes over time and is not necessarily right or wrong. I would say adultery is a normal thing in this day and age, but that doesn't make it right.

As for homosexuality, it has been around at least since Ancient Rome. It was normal for men to have sex with other men (usually slaves or male prostitutes). So I don't think that "homosexuality isn't normal" is a fact as you claim.

takeheart

I told you already, what is normal is man and woman. I don't need to explain anything. It's obvious. I truly believe if you think homosexuality is normal then there's something wrong with you somewhere in your brain. I don't know how anyone in their brain would think a man marrying another man or woman marrying another woman is normal. I don't need to say much. I'm talking facts not opinion. Facts. Either you like it or you don't but it won't change that it's a fact that gay is wrong and not normal.

I told you already, what is normal is man and woman. I don't need to explain anything. It's obvious. I truly believe if you think homosexuality is normal then there's something wrong with you somewhere in your brain. I don't know how anyone in their brain would think a man marrying another man or woman marrying another woman is normal. I don't need to say much. I'm talking facts not opinion. Facts. Either you like it or you don't but it won't change that it's a fact that gay is wrong and not normal.

With all due respect, you're preaching opinion. Mass opinion, but opinion regardless. Those aren't facts no matter how strongly you feel about it. Facts aren't governed by passion or strong feelings.

Had you invited conversation that would've been another thing, but this boils down to you calling anyone who doesn't agree with you on homosexuality wrong in the head.

You've got full right to your opinion, nobody can take that away from you, but the way you're currently expressing it isn't going to win anyone over. It's only going to alienate you from other members on the forum.

I think it's wisest for everyone to just agree to disagree, before this topic inevitably escalates.

Ithior

How can you claim that it is a fact?

Because it only exists now? Homosexuality has been around forever in America (before colonisation), Asia and Europe. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality

Because we're the only species that has homosexual relationships? That's wrong, you can find an extensive list of other animals who exhibit homosexual behaviours: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

If you don't like it, that's ok. But don't say it is a fact.

takeheart

It's not my opinion people, its fact. I'm talking facts here. Homosexuality is not wrong because I said so, it is wrong because it has always been. Either you deny it or you accept it.

Last edited:
It's not my opinion people, its fact. I'm talking facts here. Homosexuality is not wrong because I said so, it is wrong because it has always been. Either you deny it or you accept it.

A fact can be backed up by good evidence, either state your evidence or admit to yourself that all you have is an opinion

Zaki

Your opinion is precisely what it is. Accept the fact that it is not a fact. Normal is a relative term. One size does not fit all. That's why things come in different sizes. Normal varies depending on where you are and who you're with. A person is not hurting anyone else by simply being homosexual, and being homosexual does not make one less than human.

No offense, but you felt the need to challenge a newly acquired basic right (for many US citizens) that many people have fought long and hard for. It's unwise to assume people are just going to accept your views without an elaboration of your points.

And you keep saying that, that it is wrong.

But besides ''wrong'' being, again, subjective, you've not once elaborated on your reasoning as to why you think that. It seems an impulsive feeling stemming from old standards that you're not comfortable with changing rather than a conclusion you've arrived upon after careful objective consideration.

What have same sex couples every caused that was so wrong? What defect, other than making some people uncomfortable, has it caused to the world at large?

Ithior

I'd love to know where you get your "facts" from.
Just because the Catholic Church says it is wrong doesn't make it wrong.

Homosexuality hasn't always been considered wrong by society or certain institutions. It was perfectly normal in Ancient Greece and Rome. Also normal in pre-colonised America. Also normal in East Asia.

You know when these places started saying homosexuality was wrong? When the Catholic Church got there. In the article I linked before has an interesting part regarding this:

"In many societies of Melanesia, especially in Papua New Guinea, same-sex relationships were an integral part of the culture until the middle of the last century. The Etoro and Marind-anim for example, even viewed heterosexuality as sinful and celebrated homosexuality instead. [...] Many Melanesian societies, however, have become hostile towards same-sex relationships since the introduction of Christianity by European missionaries."

warcraft

Our society is heading downhill. Just look at how badly it has degraded in the last 50 years, the pace is accelerating at an alarming rate.

Our entire culture is being "created and shaped" by Hollywood and the media.

Homosexuality is against nature. It's not normal.

Romans 1:27:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:29:
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

supreme

As annoying as it is to see some of the closed minded responses on here, it's refreshing to see that the majority here are accepting. I'm not even going to argue with those who have opposing opinions. They'll *hopefully* come around eventually. I'm glad this law passed, I think it took too long, but it's definitely progress in the right direction.

warcraft

Re: supreme

As annoying as it is to see some of the closed minded responses on here, it's refreshing to see that the majority here are accepting. I'm not even going to argue with those who have opposing opinions. They'll *hopefully* come around eventually. I'm glad this law passed, I think it took too long, but it's definitely progress in the right direction.

2 Angels went into Sodom to bring out Lot from the city called Sodom. Here is what the men of Sodom tried to do the 2 angels:

The men of sodom say unto Lot:
Genesis 19:5:
And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Lot tells the men of sodom:
Genesis 19:8:
Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

The men of sodom tell lot:
Genesis 19:9
And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

What are some of the characteristics of the men of Sodom:

Romans 1:29:
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful

Status
Not open for further replies.