STRESS- how can I wind down???

grapevine

Id love some pointers on what others do to unwind- as I just find it very hard lately- even guided meditation seems hard these days.

I don't meditate, but I tend to do about 1 hour of "karate" every one or two days. That's my way to unwind I guess.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Well for what I've read in your other thread you don't have enough alone time at all. There is no way you can unwind if you're constantly on the rush, have a time limit or someone waiting for you to be done unwinding. As you said in your other thread you have to respect your own limits, and if you can't keep up with the rythm you have right now, you just have to slow it down and make it clear with everyone that you NEED a substantial amount of alone time. Like an entire day and night for yourself at least. And when you finally get that time, turn your phone off.

Edit - Ok I did not answer your initial question. But I think you'll find that it's a lot easier to relax once you don't have a time limit. If I'm especially stressed out by something, I will usually do yoga and listen to quiet music, then do something that makes me feel cozy like reading a book and drinking hot chocolate. Hiking in the forest for a couple of hours is also very efficient for me, except I have to drive 2 hours to get there because I live in the city, which sucks a little.

Last edited:

DancingDann

The only thing that calms me down these days is my music. I either play music through the stereo or i'll watch music videos. But also playing video games calms me too when i'm stressed.

Phoenixx

Taking time to myself to read, focusing on deep breathing, and being away from any media and devices for at least 15 mins. or longer every day have been helping me recently. I also have been drinking chamomile vanilla tea lately too, around 1 - 2 cups a day and that has helped a lot to regain my focus so my mind isn't rushing around so much.