Stereotypical people

nicole1

Yes. I think they reinforce the superior-inferior complex that most people have. My professor once said that the media is a mirror to it's society.

I also hate those "nerd get girls" movies, too. It's still the same thing.

Iluv

I haven't stopped watching TV, but it's a lot less now than what it used to be, for sure. It's best not to take TV shows literally - they're there for entertainment purposes only.

People can be so gullible to the media, that is practically impossible.

I'm at the bout of stereotypes daily. I'm blonde and people expect me to be stupid. It's not just television. It is magazines, advertisements, movies, and even all around us. Once it's embedded in us through these sources we carry it with us and a lot of times ridding of any source won't exterminate the cause.

I. Hate. Stereotypes.

MikeyC

People can be so gullible to the media, that is practically impossible.

I'm at the bout of stereotypes daily. I'm blonde and people expect me to be stupid. It's not just television. It is magazines, advertisements, movies, and even all around us. Once it's embedded in us through these sources we carry it with us and a lot of times ridding of any source won't exterminate the cause.

I. Hate. Stereotypes.
I understand. I can imagine nobody takes you seriously, either?

Iluv

I understand. I can imagine nobody takes you seriously, either?

Pretty much. But I find it sort of .... entertaining. The whole point is to not conform to your stereotype and change because of it. I will always be blonde and in the library. I could care less.

MikeyC

Pretty much. But I find it sort of .... entertaining. The whole point is to not conform to your stereotype and change because of it. I will always be blonde and in the library. I could care less.
I'm glad you're doing your own thing and not caring about what others think. One less think you have to be pressured about. :) If we were in school together I think I'd like to be your friend.