starting a new thread

spearhunter

Hello everyone that might read this,I have join this site like everyone else to help me with my SA.I was just wondering if I am the only one that feels a bit anxious just for starting a new thread like i am doing now, or also other SA sufferers have the same?

WishingICould

Hi and welcome. :) No, you're not the only one. Pretty much every time i start a new thread i worry if i sound stupid or if i'm annoying people or posting too much. Post what you like as long as it isn't offensive.

squidgee

Hello everyone that might read this,I have join this site like everyone else to help me with my SA.I was just wondering if I am the only one that feels a bit anxious just for starting a new thread like i am doing now, or also other SA sufferers have the same?

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I still feel anxious about the responses my threads will get sometimes. But I guess once you start to know the people on the forum and have started a few threads of your own you'll get the hang of it.

Phoenixx

I never start threads since it frightens me quite a bit. I've only ever started one thread, I needed some help, and that was a while ago. (that can be deleted now actually lol)

I can't say I don't have other ideas sometimes, but it's the whole 'spotlight' thing that I'm afraid of. I hate being the center of attention, and that fear certainly transfers to the internet too. I'm content with just posting, I don't mind.

ImNotMyIllness

I don't have any anxiety when starting a thread but I do after it's done and I notice all of my spelling errors. It would be nice if I could spell check before submitting.

WishingICould

I don't have any anxiety when starting a thread but I do after it's done and I notice all of my spelling errors. It would be nice if I could spell check before submitting.

Talking of spelling errors i just made one in the PM i sent you. I pressed send so it's too late now. I can spell, honest. :kickingmyself:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I used to worry too much, but I'm trying to get over that by posting threads when I have something to talk about.

jaim38

Yes, I get very nervous when I start a new thread. After the thread is posted, I would go back to it often to see if I get any responses. And sometimes I post embarassing things on there so I worry how people respond. There's so much headache involved but it gets easier with practice.

hidwell

Yes I think most of us here are apprehensive about starting a new thread. I think it comes down to the fact we are afraid that no one will respond, thus confirming our worst fears of rejection and not being worthy of attention.