Stares in public places.

Tulicks

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just paranoid, but I can't help but notice all the stares I get whenever I'm in places like shopping malls, grocery stories, etc. Anyone else experience this?

Note: My mind always feels foggy whenever this happens as well. Like I feel like a bubble head, if that makes sense.

Iluv

Yes. I notice this too. I have a hard time walking with crowds of people because my mind startles itself with the idea of a mocking or judgmental stare.
I do not like the wandering eyes. I feel the pressure of the judgment.

Tulicks

Yes. I notice this too. I have a hard time walking with crowds of people because my mind startles itself with the idea of a mocking or judgmental stare.
I do not like the wandering eyes. I feel the pressure of the judgment.

So the cause of this is the fear of judging? I don't see any rational reason why I would fear being judged. Half the people who stare at me are old geezers. It's kind of creepy.

Iluv

So the cause of this is the fear of judging? I don't see any rational reason why I would fear being judged. Half the people who stare at me are old geezers. It's kind of creepy.

Oh no I didn't mean you, I meant it's the fear for myself when they stare at me.
You will only know the reason behind your fear. But it could possibly be anything.

MrJones

Stares in public toilets are worse than most others...

I will leave now the cocky joke to coyote (okay, the next one).

The Lost

I hate being stared at anywhere. I keep picturing their face and why they would stare, as if I've done something to insult them. Irrational I know, but it's a habit a can't seem to break.

coyote

i have decided that people must stare at me because i'm extremely attractive

if i were hideous, wouldn't they look away?

if i were uninteresting, wouldn't they ignore me?

WeirdyMcGee

I'm stared at everywhere and it bothers me alot more than it should, I suppose.
I wish I were invisible. I feel tiny and disgusting, being looked at.

Tulicks

i have decided that people must stare at me because i'm extremely attractive

if i were hideous, wouldn't they look away?

if i were uninteresting, wouldn't they ignore me?

That's true. I have wondered if it was because I am an attractive person. I have been told that I'm an attractive person, and that people will stare at me naturally for that reason. I'm choosing to decide that's the reason as well.

Roman Legion

I guess people stare at me because I never take off my sunglasses or headphones in public.. Only when I am at home I do not wear them.. It could be anything, but it still makes me very uncomfortable.

Locke

I can remember having this problem even in the third grade, just walking through the school yard. It's gotten better for me now. The less I judge others, the less I think they are judging me and ever since I've been practicing that, I've found a sense of relief.

powerfulthoughts

"Staring" or looking at other people is a natural aspect of life. I look at others, they look at me, it shouldn't be a big deal.

If others look at you as they naturally do to everyone, and they notice sort of an uncomfortable/unnatural reaction, perhaps this peaks their curiosity a bit more and they continue to look, i don't know.

But I wouldn't read into the fact that people look at you. People look at other people all the time; the problem I believe, is in the way you interpret these looks. Perhaps if you are so zeroed in on the reactions of other people, you will notice and interpret looks in a vastly different light than others, who just focus on their own business and don't think anything of the looks.

coyote

...It's gotten better for me now. The less I judge others, the less I think they are judging me and ever since I've been practicing that, I've found a sense of relief.

i have found the same thing to be true for me