SPW anxiety..

Hey people,

Do you also feel worried when you post a topic?
I posted lots of topic's, but still i worry what people would think of me.
you know i'm not a real english person, So my english can be really weird sometimes.
And maybe I say weird things..

Do you also have SPW anxiety?

AimeeSP

I know how you feel! When i first started posting here i had anxiety over starting new threads. I even asked for my introduction thread to be removed lol! I get nervous over posting at times as well. I worry when i've posted too much and see my name all over the forum lol, but i love it on here! ::p:

davidburke

i am am anxoius too about i don't post threads much

you know i'm not a real english person, So my english can be really weird sometimes.
And maybe I say weird things..

and no need to worry about that i can always understand the meaning even if the words are slightly wrong and it is a world forum so no worries :)

Eam

I get it more when I'm posting in other peoples threads - haha. Like a feeling that people are thinking 'why is this guy throwing his issues in here, they're not helping AND they're insignificant'. When it's just a case of me trying to say I relate, trying to make the poster feel not so alone and definitely not to steal the limelight.

Obviously I think it's irrational, besides, I haven't been here for long enough for you guys to hate me - yet! :rolleyes:

Saskia, I enjoy reading your threads and posts. Now Serafina on the other hand......

Just kidding ;)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Don't worry, your english is good :)

As for your question... yes, I do. I'm very paranoid about what others might think of me, or making a fool of myself with some of my posts.

U

userremoved

Yeah I do too, thats why I never really start threads.::p: Also I haven't noticed anything wrong with your English. I probably would've thought you were American if you wouldn't have said differently.

mrb

your english is very good lol , i used to feel a little worried about posting but iv done so much of it im used to it now ....

lyricalliaisons

I don't think your English is bad, I can always understand what you meant to say, even if a word or two is a little off. But I do get anxiety on here. Every time I post a topic, sometimes when I reply to one, depending on what I say, & especially when people message me or send me a comment. I sometimes avoid the site because I'm afraid to reply to people, but afraid they'll see me replying to topics & think I'm just being mean & ignoring them, when that's not the case at all. It's just my anxiety makes it hard for me to reply to people.

Julesie

I always feel that way. Sometimes I will write out the whole topic then not post it. Other times (rarely... maybe twice... a year) I will make a topic and post it but feel really nervous until someone posts and its a nice helpful comment or something and I feel some of the worry calm down.

I don't really get too anxious about posting, although I have only started 2 threads in the year I've been here. I can never come up with any topics to post about, so I just reply to everyone else's. I don't know if my mind is really blank, or I'm (subconsciously) too anxious to actually present my own issues until someone else brings them up- or perhaps it's a fear of feeling rejected (or like a freak) if no one responds. The only time I get a little nervous is when I'm posting an opposing or negative viewpoint, or I'm finding it hard to put my words together in the way I'd like.

Kat

Yeah, it does make me anxious to post or make new threads. I, feel like I’m boring, stupid and I refrain from trying to be witty, it’s not something I am good at anyway, but the worry about that is trying to be funny and people not getting it. It’s strange though, my fiancé and I have been to a few different forums and I know we won’t always be liked and disliked by the same people, but it can be interesting to see how different people react to us.

mozart87

as you can see your English is good, or maybe all of us here use some special sort of language, SA-ENglish :))
I don't have any anxiety posting, I have more experience on posting on forums than socializing LOL