Sleeping problems

johnny 85

The phrase "the greatest thing since sliced bread/pan" (and variations thereof) is a commonly used hyperbolic means of praising an invention or development. Sliced bread appears to be something of an arbitrary selection as the benchmark against which later inventions should be judged. It has been said that "the phrase is the ultimate depiction of innovative achievement and American know-how",[9] although it is commonly used in the United Kingdom as well.

The popular use of the phrase derives from the fact that Wonder Bread, the first mass-marketer of sliced bread as a product, launched a 1930s ad campaign touting the innovation.[10]

Krista

The phrase "the greatest thing since sliced bread/pan" (and variations thereof) is a commonly used hyperbolic means of praising an invention or development. Sliced bread appears to be something of an arbitrary selection as the benchmark against which later inventions should be judged. It has been said that "the phrase is the ultimate depiction of innovative achievement and American know-how",[9] although it is commonly used in the United Kingdom as well.

The popular use of the phrase derives from the fact that Wonder Bread, the first mass-marketer of sliced bread as a product, launched a 1930s ad campaign touting the innovation.[10]

Well I knew that much, about the say that is lol. I was just wondering is this pan some kind of bread as well? I was merely confused about that.

johnny 85

Well I knew that much, about the say that is lol. I was just wondering is this pan some kind of bread as well? I was merely confused about that.

im confused myself now :confused: all i know is that we call it a pan of bread, lol. never really thought about why we call it that till know. i assume because of the way its cooked in the bread pan or something. lol k, im shutting up now, someone help me out ere.

Krista

im confused myself now :confused: all i know is that we call it a pan of bread, lol. never really thought about why we call it that till know. i assume because of the way its cooked in the bread pan or something. lol k, im shutting up now, someone help me out ere.

Lol, I agree. I'm confused as well.

FOR REAL

Banned
bread is bread, end of story!!

applle149224.jpg

SickCycleCarousel

I'm having the same problem. I don't get to sleep until four or five in the morning. Maybe try some sedatives or sleep aides? =\

Hope you find something to help you out.

Bama_Heath

I have sleeping problems all the time. I don't take any meds to help though. My sleep patterns are never the same. I'm up all night and sleep all day sometimes, or stay up in the day and sleep all night. I will be for 24 hrs at a time and then sleep for 14-16 hours. It's never the same and makes having a social life difficult.

bigrob

My sleeping patterns alter as well. I go through phases of not sleeping until 2 am. Finally I went to the Dr. and got a script for Trazadone. Now I can go to bed at a decent time...9 pm or so.

About 2 years ago I had a sleep test and it showed I didn't hit stage 4 sleep until about 4 am...and I get up at 5:30 am. Thus I wasn't hitting the big rest stage.

I still have a problem with sudden onset fatigue though. I can be sitting here and out of the blue get so tired I start to wobble in my chair and see double. If I nap an hour I'm fine.

bigrob

What kind of test was it ? I want to test the quality of my sleep too. I now take Seroquel and it puts me to sleep well, but I still have problems cause it makes me a bit tired the next day.

I had to go in and get hooked up to a bazillion wires. I became Robo-Rob. They were able to test brainwaves, for restless leg, my breathing, ect.

The brainwave test is what showed I didn't hit stage 4 until really late. I also showed to have slight apnea. I tried a CPAP but I slept worse with that damn thing.

NinjaLikesToast

MY brother has these problems and on some nights when he can sleep he takes some Tylenol PM. He says that helps a lot and he can usually sleep for 8-9 hours straight.

I don't have problems getting to sleep, but sometimes I can't stay asleep at all so I end up laying in my bed watching old sitcoms on TV haha.. Not really sure if I have advice for that, just have to take it as is I think.

Danfalc

Banned
YES!! it sucks balls

lol.. Quoted for it's sheer awesomness and being true :D

I'm getting a grip on my sleep,it's been hard and it's an on going struggle.But If I miss a nights sleep,I stay up the next day and go to bed early-ish.Seems to be working in that I now have the same routine and sleep most nights,Just some days I wake up at like 4 in the morning but I guess it's nice to see the sun rise and listen to the birds.

I don't take any meds to help me sleep,I really think persistence and making a routine helps the best along with exercise.

Danfalc

Banned
I have really bad insomnia. I couldnt get to sleep till 5am last night. Just tossed and turned.

I can relate to that,only a few weeks back I was not going to bed till 3-6 in the morning and getting up at like 6-10 at night..Could not sleep at night.

Turned it round slowly though,made myself stay up all day if I didn't sleep at night and it took weeks of me staying up like a zombie some days but it's paid off.Another help full tip is just changing the time you get up..shave an hour off each fortnight,till you start getting up at a decent time.

Few little things I also found help full if anyone want's ideas
-Reading in bed is relaxing
-Bath before bed is also relaxing
-Breathing exercises in bed (helps clear the mind if you think too much)
-Exercise,even if it's only an hour and your house bound..get a boxing bag or a bike it does wonders
-Not having any sugary food/drink after evening or just cutting down
-Routine..things like sleeping really do become fine tuned to our body clock if we stick to the same pattern for about a month

cobalt_bluester

if you suffer from anxiety or depression one thing that could help you sleep better is a med called Trazadone. It certainly worked for me. You could also try using a hops pillow as apparently this can work well for some people, and on the plus side its a totally natural way of addressing your sleep problem. Hope this helps :)