Skydiving

Nabu

I'm thinking about to take Skydiving lesson.

Upto now I ahve still some doubts (danger of collision with other peoples etc).

Do we have here some Skydivers ?

Nabu

iamthenra

WOW, I could never jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

My sister jumped 2 times.... She is the dare devil in the family.

Now from what she told me, is that you initially jump with the instructor strapped to your back (tandem) and the instructor does all the work. Then you will eventually get to take your solo jump afterwords.

Illusions

Ironically I fear falling sometimes but I still want to try skydiving . It's just another one of the things I have to do before I kick the bucket. I say go for it. :)

Nabu

It sounds weird, but I have more fear from the people which I will meet there.

For cost reason some schools execute the training in czech republic.
I would need to stay two weeks with other strangers. This is another hurdle

AlleyCat

I think that would be a lot of fun! Although, I'm not sure if I would be able to get up the nerve to jump. I'm sort of uneasy when it comes to heights. The feeling must be exhilarating though. Free... free falling...

mmmm

Oh, totally do it! Then tell us all about it. I'm saving for a dive but I always end up spending. Sigh

Nabu

I was not tough enough to sign in for skydiving lesson, but I did a tandem jump.

A big advantage was that everythone thought that I was nervous about the jump and not about the people around me.

Instructor gave a quick instruction and then I was already sitting in the plane.
The flight was great and let me forgot about why I was there.

After opening the door my heart rate increased dramatically. Then everything went very fast and we jumped out.

I can't describe the free fall experience it is amazing feeling.

A pitty that my friend doesn't want to sign in for skydiving. I don't want to do it alone ::(:

Nabu

I had a two days training for skydiving. After all this theories lessons I'm really scared to do it. Last week it should be the day, but fortunately the weather was too bad.
It sounds ridiculous, but even I'm scared to do it, I don't have the courage to cancel it.
I'm worried about what they are thinking about me...

I'm not sure if this is coincidence, but after all this stress I now have lumbago.

coyote

I've made a few jumps - it's awesome!! That was many years ago. Would really love to go again some time.

The thought of actually jumping out of the plane and falling through space didn't scare me so much, because I knew there were safety measures. I was way more scared of doing something wrong and making a fool of myself.

Elad

Banned
Skydived and loved it!

You should definatly go for it man, the hardest part is going up in the plane :)

edit: should have read the thread, looks like you already have. enjoy it :p

Nabu

I'm glad that I did two jumps.
But it looks like that my spine muscles are too weak for this sport.
The decelerating between freefall and opening the parachute is now responsible for my irritations problem in my arms.
I hope one month of physiotherapy will fix it.