should we stop?

LazyHermitCrab

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

bcsr

Sounds like an issue you need to just sit down and thoroughly talk out with him. Someone saying they are afraid of the future could mean virtually anything.

I don't think it's really fair to "cut him off" after being together for 2 years.

Section_31

I agree. Try to determine exactly what he means and what hes afraid of. IE a future with you, where his career is goin, what to do with life, ect.

Im always afraid of the future. but i also know theres not a damned thing i can do to stop it from getting here, so i just roll with it.

selon

Well did you talk about getting married before? That is, is that the reason why he says he's afraid of the future? I agree with bcsr, 'cutting him off' doesnt't seem fair, and I'm not sure he would get the message.. but then again, feeling used isn't exactly great too. :/ Does he know how you feel about him 'being afraid of the future'?

LazyHermitCrab

Well did you talk about getting married before? That is, is that the reason why he says he's afraid of the future? I agree with bcsr, 'cutting him off' doesnt't seem fair, and I'm not sure he would get the message.. but then again, feeling used isn't exactly great too. :/ Does he know how you feel about him 'being afraid of the future'?

Yes we talked about it. It's just that he goes back and forth. For instance he will say it must happen next year and then a day later he will say a couple years down the road so it's confusing.

selon

Then I think you might have a point with 'waiting until you're married'. It would show that he's really committed to it!!! If I may ask, are you willing to take into account the possibility that he just walks away if you 'blackmail' him into getting serious?

LazyHermitCrab

Then I think you might have a point with 'waiting until you're married'. It would show that he's really committed to it!!! If I may ask, are you willing to take into account the possibility that he just walks away if you 'blackmail' him into getting serious?

I don't want him to walk away. :( It's just I don't want to do all this stuff for him for 7 years and then have him walk away. I've heard stories like that and it scares me.