should i say sorry

mrb

now a few days ago me and my mates found a dildo and we tapped it to the back of 1 of my mates car on the bumper ,he drove off unaware it was there now he got pulled up by the police and he told them the last place he stopped was at our yard , the police questiioned us we said we knew nothing about it so they drove off , now this bloke has just rang me swearing his head off saying hes not coming into work this week as its really upset him and his family , now this bloke has really gone over board about this , iv known him for 20 years and we have done all kinds of joke things on people ... hes not innocent i assure you hes ripped off credit cards banks , slept with blokes wives broken up relationships ect ..... all my other mates said the same as me if he did it to us we would just laugh and get our own back .... even my brother said blimey hes going overboard isnt he :confused: so do i say sorry or not or just say jesus mate get over yourself it was a joke .... what say you lot spw , this might be off topic and might get moved but having sa im a little unsure what to do about all this :confused:

Pookah

I have to be honest and say I wouldn't have a friend like that to begin with. If you want to stay friends you can either wait til he cools off and/or gets back at you....or you could say sorry with the chance that it'll end up the same as it would have anyway or that he won't take the apology.

Danfalc

Banned
I don't see how the fact he has done some dodgy stuff means he isn't allowed to be mad :confused:.Maybe he is over reacting,but maybe this really was going too far as it ended up with the police getting involved.You know what they can be like,some don't always have a sense of humor.

I would say sorry as for whatever reason he has taken this more seriously than it was meant.

mrb

I don't see how the fact he has done some dodgy stuff means he isn't allowed to be mad :confused:.Maybe he is over reacting,but maybe this really was going too far as it ended up with the police getting involved.You know what they can be like,some don't always have a sense of humor.

I would say sorry as for whatever reason he has taken this more seriously than it was meant.

hes had lots of dealings with the police over the years mate hes no innocent i asure you .......

Waybuloo

Yeah you should say sorry, he's clearly embarassed and hurt and so are his family. So when someone feels like that you do the right thing and say sorry.

So what if he's taken it hard, would you let that stop being friends with him? If you think he's shown his true colours by being over sensitive and you don't want nothing to do with no one like that no more then don't do nothing, no what i'm saying? If you wanna repair the damage then say sorry.

Danfalc

Banned
hes had lots of dealings with the police over the years mate hes no innocent i asure you .......

I never said he was innocent did I?,I just don't know why that means he isn't allowed to be angry at the prank.

This maybe the exact reason he didn't appreciate the prank,the fact he's been in trouble before.

coyote

Maybe he's going on like this in order to make you feel bad - as a way of getting back at you?

I personally think the joke is hilarious, and if it were to happen to me I'd appreciate the humor in the event (police or not). But if he is really that mad about it, perhaps an apology is in order. If only just for the inconvenience it all caused.

I mean, a joke gone bad is never a good reason to damage, or end a friendship.

Remus

Staff member
I remember a much worse 'lads joke' my workmate went to a stag doo and they pinned down the bridegroom and gave him a huge lovebite on his neck!!!! :eek:

bigrob

I have to be honest and say I wouldn't have a friend like that to begin with.

I agree.

If he's that bad why would you want to be around him?

Having anxiety is bad enough without having to deal with other peoples problems too. If he's a train wreck waiting to happen, do you really want to be there when he goes off the rails?

mrb

anyways iv decided if he wants to be a big baby ill post him a nappy end of ......:D:D:D

stephen

What I was trying to say before was that that it would be very dishonest to apologize if you're not sorry for your actions.

I have a bit of a problem with sorries generally. If the action I'm supposed to be apologising for is something that given the same circumstances I would do again it seems a bit dishonest apologising.

In this case I guess for whatever reason the prank has turned ugly maybe a "Sorry mate, it was just a bit of fun." would be better than upping the ante with a nappy delivery. Especially if you have to work with the guy you don't really want to face that every day.

yeah mrb

any chance you could ask your mate to do a drive by with a bar of chocolate and a bottle of voddy next time please :eek: