Shivering / Chills

dottie

anyone else shiver like crazy when experiencing anxiety? it's like a nervous tick that comes out as shivers/chills. sometimes my teeth chatter. i start convulsing like a crackhead. i cannot hide it and pretend to be relaxed, i cannot suppress it. it is awkward and embarrassing. the more i think about this the more i wonder if there is something wrong with my nervous system.

ImNotMyIllness

Never experienced that. But, I've had involuntary muscle spasms when I became super nervous-I have to be very very nervous.......The brain effects the whole body!

coyote

yes, i have experienced this on a number of occasions

apparently though, no one else seems to ever notice, even though it feels really pronounced from my perspective

chibiXphantom

oohh yeah. my legs get really shakey, my hands shake like crazy. sometimes twitch a little lol. i get like that a lot at work, especially with rude customers or when something goes wrong. or around certain people that make me anxious

jaim38

Yes I experience this too, but I try to cover it up by pretending that I am very cold so that people will think I'm shivering from the cold, not from anxiety.