Ship ahoy!

Withdrawn

Ship ahoy!

My name is Lina. I'm a 14-year-old vegan, and I love to read books. I was born with autism. I also got selective mutism early in life. Which means, in my case, that I don't talk to more than five persons. I don't even say yes, no or hi. I haven't got rid of it yet.
When I was younger, I was totally uninterested in people. I spent time alone and I had no friends.
Now I'm a teenager, and things are getting tougher.
Nowadays I have social phobia. It's a severe form of it. Or maybe it just feels that way because I'm autistic too. I stay in my room where I isolate myself from people.
When being outside, I start to cry and get tantrums when seeing people. If they approach me, I run from them and hide. I can go kilometre after kilometre just to avoid passing people.
When I come home after being around people, I throw myself on the floor and start rocking from side to side. I do so for hours.
Every day I cut my feet with a nail clipper, because I hate my fears.
I cut until it starts bleeding.

I skip school regularly, due to the social anxiety and moreover I'm hypersensitive to sound and vision, among other things.

I have tried to kill myself.
I think my life would be much better if I didn't have social phobia.

planemo

Hey Withdrawn. I don't have an official diagnosis, but I think I may have pdd-nos or possibly non verbal learning disorder. Anyway welcome to SPW, and I hope you enjoy your stay.:) Living with this anxiety is tough and many folks on here will be able to relate to you.

i could use a laugh

i think i found my new favorite emoticon --> ::p: i feel like im abusing it

I cannot word it right which is where the I-enternet comes in:

"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see... Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says "Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!" B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... He says "Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

The Killing Joke.
Okay, that's all I got.

ilmatross

I cannot word it right which is where the I-enternet comes in:

"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see... Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says "Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!" B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... He says "Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

The Killing Joke.
Okay, that's all I got.

hahaha good one

i was gonna go with a 'plunder ye booty' joke to keep the nautical theme going but i felt it inappropriate

i really need to get around to making a joke thread

Ignace

Ship ahoy!

My name is Lina. I'm a 14-year-old vegan, and I love to read books. I was born with autism. I also got selective mutism early in life. Which means, in my case, that I don't talk to more than five persons. I don't even say yes, no or hi. I haven't got rid of it yet.
When I was younger, I was totally uninterested in people. I spent time alone and I had no friends.
Now I'm a teenager, and things are getting tougher.
Nowadays I have social phobia. It's a severe form of it. Or maybe it just feels that way because I'm autistic too. I stay in my room where I isolate myself from people.
When being outside, I start to cry and get tantrums when seeing people. If they approach me, I run from them and hide. I can go kilometre after kilometre just to avoid passing people.
When I come home after being around people, I throw myself on the floor and start rocking from side to side. I do so for hours.
Every day I cut my feet with a nail clipper, because I hate my fears.
I cut until it starts bleeding.

I skip school regularly, due to the social anxiety and moreover I'm hypersensitive to sound and vision, among other things.

I have tried to kill myself.
I think my life would be much better if I didn't have social phobia.
...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry for you that you have all of those things. I can't give you advice, but go to school. If you skip, fail and need to do the year all over again, that's not going to help you. You HAVE to force yourself to school. Or get a private teacher, but I think those are expensive. And getting school at home is not going to improve anything. You probably hate reading this, me too, but unfortunately, running away from these fears is only making it worse.::(: I wish you good luck with this and welcome on the board. :)
PS. Don't (try) to kill yourself, it can get better. Imagine life later in your life with a husband, house, .. everything you desire.