Sexual Attraction

Felgen

When someone is attracted to you, how does this make you feel? Are you flattered, confused, akward, suspicious, etc...

When this happens to me I'm surprised but then my thoughts become dark and suspicion sets in.

It depends. I was extremely happy when I found out that the woman who's now my girlfriend was attracted to me. She was single for five years and is extremely picky (and not to mention: extremely hot!) and then when she meets me, I'm the first one in five years who's good enough for her. :)

When less attractive girls are attracted to me though, it feels akward. Unattractive girls who like me, tend to find simple phrases such as "good morning", "good luck" and "have a nice day" as a sign of interest.

Kiwong

I think they are making fun of me. Honestly, it makes me feel awkward. Fortunately it has rarely happened in my life.

Logical Anxiety

Whaaaat.

I would be really surprised if someone was attracted to me, out of all the other normal people out there. There was one time where a guy classmate told me I was pretty, and I felt strangely flattered but suspicious, because that same guy was the class joker. But then, he sounded serious...sigh.

It can be a little bit awkward when I get approached, or when he stares/winks/smiles whatever...probably cause I feel bad for him, he thinks I'm like 16+ haha
But very flattered if he's smiling at me or he approaches to talk or ask for my number :)

Oh god awkward when I was in the supermarket, a guy approaches me and asks for my number, and I had to quickly give him a fake one....I was about to tell him I was 13 but he sort of...just assumed I was 18, haha. I thought it would be more awkward to correct him than give him a fake number :)

thomas90

Usually feel awkward if she's not my type, i'm quite picky cause i look for as i call 'genuine' girls. But I usually don't believe it when its obvious, and i wait for absolute proof haha.

I guess that im generally flattered

anuskas

I would be flattered if he found me attractive but I don´t want a person that only sees my body but a person who also sees the beauty of my being.

coyote

Well who wants to have someone view you as a sex object only? lol

Well thats the thing. The title said sexual attraction. So I thought he meant someone being attracted to your appearance. Not to you as an individual.

attraction - sexual or otherwise - is not always based purely on appearance

someone can be sexually attracted to you because of your personality, your sensuality, mannerisms, sense of humor, body language, etc....

and wanting to have sex with you doesn't have to mean they see you only as an object - they may very well be interested in you as a person, and still be interested in the physical stuff, too - those things aren't mutually exclusive

in fact, they may be more attracted to you sexually, because they like you as a person

anyway - to answer the original question...

when i find that someone is attracted to me, i feel flattered and slightly embarrassed at first

if it's someone i'm attracted to, i feel excited

Last edited:

Dead_on_Arrival

Why does sexual attraction have to be about sex. What happened to love. I am sexually attracted to my wife but we don't have SEX. We never have, we MAKE LOVE.

I also get annoyed by the way all men seem to be tarred with the same brush aswell, like we are all only after ond thing.

Shade

I'm sorry for not making this question specific enough, and I wasn't talking about marriage.
Anyway thanks to everyone who replied. Your answers were interesting to read.

I dress to have the least bit of sex appeal when in public, so if someone views me that way I'm usually pretty sure it's a manipulative lie. Either to insult or fakely flatter.

Of course, there's also the bluntly perverted that need very little to work with. It has happened before. :/

Lostinthemusic

Flattered, but then suspicious. I can't quite yet believe that someone would be attracted to me...at least after getting to know me...

ScaredToBreathe

I usually feel awkward and nautious. if I'm attracted to him too then I'd try to hang around him more and hope he'd ask me out.
but then dating is awkward too. when I had a bf he always wanted to be near me and look at me and it made me feel really awkward and I wasn't sure what to say or do and I usually just ended up beside one of my closer friends instead of my bf since I was so confused and anxious... ::(:

people have been attracted to me before but usually nothing ever happens because they never get to know me. and it takes a really long time to get to know me because of my SA. so I don't know how I'm ever gonna find a guy who will stay with me for year(s) just to see if they like the real me or not.

Zav

Flattered, but I don't take them seriously. 99% of people that are bold enough to come out and tell you upon meeting that "you're hot" or make some other similar gesture are not the kind I would go for anyway.

BiWinning

I show her my tattoo:
maxw3.gif

and ask her if she wanna be my coil.

That was an all around win.
Farady's law of induction as a pick up line? Great. :D

lilmutegirl

It depends on the person. Generally, I'm flattered, but I do tend to have suspicions as well.
Usually (with guys I've dated), I've known the guy for some time, so it's usually not terribly shocking.
There was a guy years ago on whom I had a crush and I later realized that he may have liked me too (and, I'm assuming, was attracted to me). He was extremely hot, so I wasn't really sure if he geniunely was interested or not.
I am flattered that my bf is attracted to me, because I think he is really attractive. :)

vexatiousmind

When someone is attracted to you, how does this make you feel? Are you flattered, confused, akward, suspicious, etc...

When this happens to me I'm surprised but then my thoughts become dark and suspicion sets in.

Depends on my attraction to them.
;)

Agent_Violet

I'm surprised and confused. I automatically want to ask "WHY are you attracted to ME of all the people on the planet you could be attracted to?!"

but i don't ask bc then they'd think i was fishing for praise or something.

i just blush and say thanks.