Sex Noises

P+G

I've always felt very uncomfortable hearing other people have sex. My whole body freezes and my heart thumps really hard in my chest. I just want it to stop. Even the slightest bumping, squeaking or the music playing to drown out the sound horrifies me.

I don't find sex disgusting. I understand that it's natural and it happens, but in that moment I just hate everything about it. I also feel very uncomfortable when other people talk about sex.

This is probably some kind of phobia. I realise that as I'm getting older, it's going to happen a lot more. Even though I'm sure everyone is uncomfortable with hearing other people's sex noises, a lot of people seem unfazed by it. Does anyone else experience this? Have you found a way to overcome this fear? I can't wait to live on my own.

Yeah, its a private thing and I don't want to hear it or hear about it. Went camping once and a couple nearby got drunk and very noisy, I felt like collapsing their tent on them :eek:mg:

S_Spartan

eons ago, when I was in my early 20s, my then girlfriend and I stayed at this couple's house overnight. After we all said goodnight they went upstairs and started carrying on so loud! Screaming and banging the wall and everything. I think they wanted us to join in and it was like a hint.

GraybeardGhost

When I was in college, my roommate brought a girl back to the dorm one night, and they climbed into his bed and went at it. :ironicsmile:

We had bunk beds. :eek:h:

He wasn't my roommate for very long after that. :bat:

I can laugh about it now, years later, but at the time it didn't seem so funny.

theoutsider

Doesn't bother me. People have sex, have been having it since the creation of mankind. I just shrug it off and keep it moving.

Zaki

I've never heard anyone making sex noises irl. That would be so awkward for me, though. Sooo awkward.

Taden

I'm sure everyone is uncomfortable with hearing other people's sex noises, a lot of people seem unfazed by it. Does anyone else experience this? Have you found a way to overcome this fear? I can't wait to live on my own.

I hope it doesn't at least make it uncomfortable for you to hear that at least that isn't the case. There are people, myself included, that consider it a form of voyeurism. Definitely not for everyone, especially if it makes you feel so uncomfortable. I think it's hot and that being turned on by it is natural, in the same way that it's just as natural for you to experience the opposite reaction to it.

Lol, humans would be such a monotonous bunch if we all had the exact same kinks.

It's only uncomfortable if I'm hearing a family member - otherwise it's interesting to listen to. Maybe I'm just a pervert; that's probably it lol. I also get really jealous because I'm not having sex or if it sounds particularly good, not as good of sex.

I don't really know what it's like to be disgusted by sex; I'm an extremely sexual person and there's probably something wrong with me haha.

Last edited: