Self Portraits

Tiercel

Re: Smash the Mirror

Haha I was just joking cause I has no talent.

Well, it was either the filters or the eyebrows again. And I'm currently blissfully unaware of the dangers of the filters.

I also could have said "nice smile," but honestly the smile on display is rather ambiguous. And I'd never want to offend you by accusing you of smiling!

I would have said "nice eyes," but a monitor glare obscured one of yours. And truth be told, I'm still saving the "nice eye" comment for the first attractive cyclops woman I meet.

I'm honestly not much of a nose guy. So flattering your nose just seems a bit creepy to me.

And I couldn't make out anything noteworthy in the background. So saying "nice background" just would have been asking for trouble.

Hence, "nice filters."

And a lack of talent is no laughing matter! It has condemned many a man (and woman and cyclops) to a life of mediocrity. The terror! :eek:

And I sincerely apologize for the rambling randomness of all this. But I'm very tired and unfortunately zipping around from caffeine. So everyone gets more useless crap from me.

You're welcome! ;)

shredman

I was feeling creative today so started playing with my pen tablet on Corel Painter. In need of something to draw, I remembered my favorite assignment when I was in art school and grabbed a mirror. As I was drawing I thought about how this might be a fun exercise for anyone else who might be interested.

Many of us hate the way we think we look or hate the way we think others think we look, or both. When I'm drawing from the mirror, and I look objectively at the reflected image in order to draw what I see, I am able to free myself from all the negative thoughts about my appearance.

Try it yourself. Just draw what you see - not what you feel. Don't make stuff up that's not there. Be objective - keep your preconceived notions and emotions out of it.
Great idea ... your drawing is great!! ... I might come back and have a go at it when Im feeling a bit more positive

AGR

Hehe:D
imagem23i.jpg

I thought about putting asian eyes,but its to closed,this one is closer I think.

vitalis

Wow, great thread, I also love to play with Paint.net effects and distort images and such. This is one I made from my face pic with the stencil effect:

bnamini1.jpg

Rodney

You guys are reall good drawers. I like this idea a lot. Once I'm done with exams I'm definetly going to make one, even though I suck at drawing. :p

coyote

here's an old one, it's 18 years ago, but i just grew my beard back, so i look almost the same again...

picture.php

here's an old one, it's 18 years ago, but i just grew my beard back, so i look almost the same again...

picture.php

I like this one.......

and you actually look younger now than u did 18 yrs ago, you're aging in reverse like Benjamin Buttons? lol :D

maybe the beard adds age tho.

DespairSoul

Hello coyote,

You really draw that on computer both of them look amazimg=)) but this u must feel i dont think so everyone can do that because u look like u! Keep drawing i like it a lot. I wish to have feelings for those things. I was likying doing graphic with corel sometime ago but more abstract things.