Self-Discipline

powerfulthoughts

The way I understand it, DISCIPLINE, more specifically SELF – discipline is key in achieving successful results. If you don't stop moving forward you will get where you're going. If you keep stopping, not only will it take much longer to get there, but you may run out of time and never arrive at all. Our will power should be shaped by our desire to pursue perfection. However, we all too often bend it to fit our situation or relinquish it's freedom to weakness

Very well said.

For a lot of people these days Self Discipline is fading, literally because of all the computers, tv's and ****, that is easy to do.

But, there is another world out there called self discipline.

Like doing laundry, working out, hiking, doing homework, stay in shape, sleep on time, eat on time, keep on working on your goals and SA fears..

I have this problem myself too.. But it's very good to keep this in mind..

So thank you for this topique, this is a good way to share.

MikeyC

Self-discipline is difficult to maintain for me. I keep falling back into old habits and ways. I wish I had the stamina and the mental energy to keep going when things get tough.

Roman Legion

I think I have an issue with this because so few things make me feel good, that quitting something that does is next to impossible. Take my video game addiction.. I only lasted 3 days without them and was back to the habit..

Srijita52

Self-discipline is difficult to maintain for me. I keep falling back into old habits and ways. I wish I had the stamina and the mental energy to keep going when things get tough.
Me too. At times I feel the motivation to do something but it never lasts more than a day.
I think I have an issue with this because so few things make me feel good, that quitting something that does is next to impossible. Take my video game addiction.. I only lasted 3 days without them and was back to the habit..
Same with my internet addiction. I wish there was a way.

MikeyC

Me too. At times I feel the motivation to do something but it never lasts more than a day.
I hear you, Srijita. I'm a huge defeatist so I'm lucky if it lasts more than a few minutes. What do you get daily motivation for?

Srijita52

I hear you, Srijita. I'm a huge defeatist so I'm lucky if it lasts more than a few minutes. What do you get daily motivation for?

Oh there're tons. Sometimes I feel the need to face my fears and do something about my SA. At other times exercising and eating healthy, but blah it never works. I usually get these motivations after a crappy social gathering lol.

MikeyC

Oh there're tons. Sometimes I feel the need to face my fears and do something about my SA. At other times exercising and eating healthy, but blah it never works. I usually get these motivations after a crappy social gathering lol.
Ah, I see. I guess we always think what we should do, but executing them is another matter altogether. I hope you can get those things to fruition one day, Srijita. You deserve some happiness.

Srijita52

Ah, I see. I guess we always think what we should do, but executing them is another matter altogether. I hope you can get those things to fruition one day, Srijita. You deserve some happiness.
Thanks Mikey. I hope you can get what you want too :)

LifeInternal88

Good post.

Yea it's so important and yet so difficult.
I am a student and can go weeks without doing any real work.
I keep telling myself I will change. I read so much stuff on discipline, but also can't seem to do it. I've been trying to change my ways for about a year now and nothing has changed. I tried reducing my goals, becuase if you try to do too much it's almost inevitable you'll fail. But I've failed.

I want to give up, but I can't do that either.

Hoppy

In my process so far, the biggest obstacle to my self-discipline routine has been other people who obstructs me.

But you must realise that doing it all at one time is almost impossible.

Concentrate on doing one small thing at a time, try to make that a habit.

One of mine was putting away my shoes when I took them off instead of just letting them fall on the floor. In the beginning I forgot a lot, and had to go back to do it. After a while it became automatic and now I don't even think about it any more, it is part of the routine.

The more the small things became automatic, the less you will worry about it and it will give you the energy to tackle bigger things.

Srijita52

In my process so far, the biggest obstacle to my self-discipline routine has been other people who obstructs me.

But you must realise that doing it all at one time is almost impossible.

Concentrate on doing one small thing at a time, try to make that a habit.

One of mine was putting away my shoes when I took them off instead of just letting them fall on the floor. In the beginning I forgot a lot, and had to go back to do it. After a while it became automatic and now I don't even think about it any more, it is part of the routine.

The more the small things became automatic, the less you will worry about it and it will give you the energy to tackle bigger things.

Good point. I think I should do it too, take one step at a time instead of trying to do many things together.