Self Confidence.

Sinar_Matahari

Firefighting is an honorable profession. Firefighters are horribly underpaid in the United States. They put themselves at risk to save people's lives and this is no small matter. My grandfather was a firefighter.

I still have mother issues myself so I can't give you much advice except that you may want to address your concerns to a therapist.

3lefts

I would just like a family.

It's very understandable.
Just don't get down on yourself if it takes time, don't give up anything important to you. Hopefully your family comes around and you can manage a comfortable relationship. You're a good person, they should notice your efforts :)

*Amy*

It happens the same to me. Just before I meet someone or talk to him/her, i unconciously assume he/she is superior to me in some way. It's not a thought but a feeling, so it's really hard to fight against it.

Fighter86

I just had to add, a firefighter isn't good enough for you family? I find that shocking! Firefighters are some of the most prided, respected and admired people in the world!

I agree, firemen are the ones rushing to the danger instead of away from it, its quite a noble job I think. Its not a bad job, just as the military defends a country, firemen helps people who are in danger when a building burns, trying to rescue victims etc.

Firefighting is an honorable profession. Firefighters are horribly underpaid in the United States. They put themselves at risk to save people's lives and this is no small matter. My grandfather was a firefighter.

I still have mother issues myself so I can't give you much advice except that you may want to address your concerns to a therapist.

I have the upmost respect for my work colleagues and what they do, I was struggling with self respect thanks to the issues in my family but I think I do feel a lot better now and realize that what I do is a great thing to do, even if my family doesn't want to accept it, I am damn proud of what I do. Your grandfather was a firefighter? Why couldn't I just be born into your family? ::p: Anyway yeah, thank you for the support. I was also thinking about seeing a therapist but I'm going to try and sort myself out by myself before I delve into that area. Not quite ready for that yet.

firefighter=hero:)

::p: Meh *Blushes*

It's very understandable.
Just don't get down on yourself if it takes time, don't give up anything important to you. Hopefully your family comes around and you can manage a comfortable relationship. You're a good person, they should notice your efforts :)

Believe me when I say this but this forum has given me more support than my family ever has. Thanks. I know it takes time but I am trying to sort it out as fast as possible to enjoy my life with my family. They are the ones slowing it down and I'm trying to hurry things up. I don't want to waste my youth not having a family.

We are your SPW family!

We need to get together for Christmas, you start the dinner I'll pay for everyone's flight tickets.

It happens the same to me. Just before I meet someone or talk to him/her, i unconciously assume he/she is superior to me in some way. It's not a thought but a feeling, so it's really hard to fight against it.

I think it has something to do with my opinion on myself more than anything. I do a great job and should feel great about myself as a person but still...something is their that I can't quite put my finger on. Self esteem and confidence has a major factor in this I think.

I agree, firemen are the ones rushing to the danger instead of away from it, its quite a noble job I think. Its not a bad job, just as the military defends a country, firemen helps people who are in danger when a building burns, trying to rescue victims etc.

I agree with you 100% but it's just trying to make that clear to my family that are military focused with every person that is in the family either joining up in logistics or on the front line. I don't think it's the fact that they think I am a coward, it's the fact that they think that I broken away from the family and I'm the "Black sheep" so to speak. It's quite insane when you think about it how one family can take the Military tradition so seriously, but that's the family I have and I can't change that. I love them all and always will no matter what happens.

Last edited:

MsBuzzkillington

Oh, that's pretty funny.

I feel a little dumb because I looked at the wrong number, I must have missed the big 666 celebration. Remus got me too.