Scary phone calls!

KoalaCrisp

I hate phone calls much more than talking in person. I just called to make a dentist appointment and a doctor's appointment, and got the answering machine both times! I will be glad when they call back and finalize the appointments so I can stop being nervous. Do you prefer talking in person over phone calls?

MNM322

Talking in person but I dont mind phone calls. I know someone with what he calls "phone o phobia" though

1person

I don't have too much trouble calling a company to schedule appointments but when it comes to casual talking I mess up a lot and I get very nervous in silence, I prefer talking in person because it's more personal I guess.

surewhynot

I absolutely despise talking on the phone, I always end up messing up a sentence or something, which makes me hate myself.

xDreamseller

I hate phonecalls too. I always end up speaking at the exact same time someone else does as I can't see their face. Then that leads to an awkward "You go, no..you go" debate. If I say "You go" first, then just go...please. I consider it rude when you try to be polite and say "no...you go" it's just so unnecessary and makes it awkward -.-

What is even worse than being on the phone, is being on the phone while someone else is in the room with me and can hear what I'm saying. GAH especially when it's my parents. Not that I'm hiding anything or it's private, I just always feel embarrassed when my parents watch me. Playing basketball outside I can score like 4/5 the time. As soon as my parents come out with a cup of tea or whatever, I can't even hit the backboard.

chibiXphantom

i have a terrible fear of talking on phones. and even bigger fear of leaving messages on answering machines. even my own family. ill call and hang up a lot if i get the answering machine before i have the guts to leave a message. and it usually ends with "umm...yeah, bye.."
i usually write myself scripts before i call someone cause its that bad

JuiceB

I hate talking on the phone. My anxiety shoots through the roof whenever I'm on a phone. Plus I have a much harder time forming words when talking.

How_slow_the_Wind

This maybe diverging a little bit from the suggested topic but our house for about a week had strange phone calls of someone breathing and pushing the phone buttons. creepy...

LifeInternal88

Hate it!

What I hate more is if I have to talk to someone on the phone and there is someone else in the room with me. I don't know why, but I find that even worse than just the talking; the presense of that other person listening in and seeing how awkward I am being. Really, it feels stupid when I think about it, but I can't help it.

xDreamseller

Hate it!

What I hate more is if I have to talk to someone on the phone and there is someone else in the room with me. I don't know why, but I find that even worse than just the talking; the presense of that other person listening in and seeing how awkward I am being. Really, it feels stupid when I think about it, but I can't help it.

Same as me :)

How_slow_the_Wind

What the ****! That is so scary!

Well, it was most likely an elderly person/ someone who couldn't speak english well who was given the wrong number, hence pressing the phone numbers while we tried to get a response. It did stop after a week and it was quite a while back.

Nathália

Phone conversations..I used to freeze,stutter and hang up the phone on people. I don't like talking on the phone around other people either. Now, I just fake it and pretend like I'm someone else to get through it.
It works a bit.

I have also recorded my voice and I saw that because I worry I think there is a huge time delay in a conversation when it's not. 10 Seconds can seem like 20 to me.

Lisy

I don't like phone calls... I get very nervous and I try to avoid them most of the time, I feel a bit ashamed that I always ask my mom to make calls for me because at my age I'm supposed to be more indipendent, but it's too scary for me.
I also hate receiving calls from unknown numbers, I get paranoid.

mikebird

Banned
We'd have a better world if telephones were illegal.

My incoming calls are to sell financial products to me, or mostly detect my personality to to gauge my suitability for work. They are psychologists who think they're clever. Who ever needs this profession, to trick and play with people's heads? Salespeople is what they are. Force you to do something you don't want to do. Not just simple advice. To put you off guard and surprise you. Put the guns down. They start by aiming at your head.

We need architects and engineers who build buildings, bridges and roads. We need doctors. We don't need tricksters with the title of 'here to help' to play mindgames

I never used a phone or ever watched any TV during Uni. It's a time of getting on with life and doing upfront activity.