Scars? Your experiences?

FallenFeathers

I'm pretty heavily scarred already, I had a motorbike accident and then a violent indecent further scarred me pretty bad. Luckily they are mostly only in places which are easily covered up.

But they do get noticed, they are pretty ugly, not pretty neat scars like you get in the movies. I get pretty uncomfy like with a girl because they always get noticed and asked about.

Now I'm possibly facing a few surgeries, I'm really worried my body is going to look like a freak show.

Has anyone else got extensive scars? How do you deal with it? The attention and does it bother you?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I've got countless scars on my arms from the times I used to self harm. I cover them with long sleeves. If anyone has ever asked, I don't remember.

Something-Vague

I'm not sure whether my scars are considered "extensive," but I do have many of them on my upper thighs that are of a reasonable size. They are from self-harm and they have been there for many years. Of course, I don't wear shorts that often, so it is never really a problem in regards to the general public seeing them. I do have a few on my arms as well, but they are faint and small, so no one usually notices those. As far as an individual that I am interested in knowing about my scars, I will tell them about my history of self-harm and that I have scars before they would actually be able to see them. Surprisingly, this has actually turned out well for me in the past.

gustavofring

Nothing extensive, but I have a large mole on my leg and it's been partly removed, so there's a mole with a scar. When I was about 13 I felt some lump under it, so I had surgery.

It's not your average little mole, it is really quite big, and it's been a source of shame for me all my life. I seldomly wear shorts because of it, because you get weird looks. I would like to have it fully removed sometime, but I really hated the surgery. It had to be removed in parts, they couldn't just do it in one time. :kickingmyself:

drganon

I've generally lived a fairly boring life, so I don't really have any interesting scars or stories to tell. The only two I can think of are a chicken pox scar on my face( thankfully its not too obvious) and a scar on my elbow from when I was about 8 or 9 I got from falling off my bike that's faded a lot.