Sanpaku eyes

w*n*c*a*m

In Japan, there's what people call Sanpaku eyes, Illuminati, wolf eyes or three whites.

It is believed to be a sign of imbalance whether emotionally or physically. It is often associated with depression or people with a tendency to be violent. So sanpaku is perceived as 'dangerous'.

I have sanpaku eyes and I hate it. Most people are not aware of this but many have noticed that something's quite distinct with my eyes though they couldn't figure it out. However, I've always been asked if I am sleepy but when I look directly at people, I sometimes look hostile to them. One friend even called me 'tiger eyes'.

That is one factor why I hate looking at people. And if I do, I should always smile so I wouldn't look unfriendly and it's so tiring coz I don't feel smiling all the time. If I can, I would wear shades or glasses all the time or put circle lens just to hide these features.

I know it's just a superstition but I think in some ways there's a bit of truth in it. I mean just look at Hitler and Michael Jackson.

They say it's a rare eye characteristics. So who here in SPW have sanpaku eyes?

Bad-michael-jacksons-short-films-11016298-1124-1054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lou-s-Darkness

I guess I have those types of eyes as well, but it's not as noticeable as some...wow, I always thought it was normal and people's eyes just come in different shapes and sizes...I just learned something new today, thank you! :>

Everyone always says I have very nice eyes, very deep and also because of their shape, but they all say there's something mysterious about them too. I guess I just found what has been so fascinating about my eyes. Maybe that's why.

Last edited:

w*n*c*a*m

Yes, it is also described as mysterious and some people actually find it sexy and attractive although they probably don't even recognize its 'sanpaku-ness' (thank god! lol) However, I won't dare tell people around me about that idea.

Now I'm wondering if maybe Rob Pattinson was unconsciously chosen for the vampire role because of his sanpaku? lol

Lou-s-Darkness

Yeah I was wondering that too. His stare looks somewhat seductive (that's what it seems like), but he also looks like he's going to devour your flesh at any given moment. I don't think they knew about the sanpaku, but they saw something interesting and chose him for that role.

w*n*c*a*m

Yeah I was wondering that too. His stare looks somewhat seductive (that's what it seems like), but he also looks like he's going to devour your flesh at any given moment. I don't think they knew about the sanpaku, but they saw something interesting and chose him for that role.

That's what I think. They're not aware of sanpaku but they can sense something with his looks that makes him vampirish.

w*n*c*a*m

What characteristics would describe this?...

A person with sanpaku eyes has its sclera showing under the iris. So instead of the two whites showing, sanpaku has three whites. It's not the same as other people who only shows the sanpaku when staring or they position their head on a particular angle. A real sanpaku is when they look straight and it is still showing. Like Bette davis for example.

Bette.jpg

nodejesque

A person with sanpaku eyes has its sclera showing under the iris. So instead of the two whites showing, sanpaku has three whites. It's not the same as other people who only shows the sanpaku when staring or they position their head on a particular angle. A real sanpaku is when they look straight and it is still showing. Like Bette davis for example.

Bette.jpg

Aahh.. ok. Id never heard of sanpaku eyes..

laure15

This explains why people don't like me looking at them. It's like i give them the creeps somehow. But mine aren't as prominent as Bette Davis or Rob Pattinson's eyes.