Safe places

saint

Hi
I have certain safe places that i can go with out worring about a panic attack, my cousins house, a coffee shop(1 only), my wifes parents house and almost but not quiet my folks house.
over the last 8 months i have now added a quick shop (shop at a petrol station). i think this is excellent progress.

Does any have "safe places" ?

mrb

hmmmm out to sea on my boat or on the river i soppose , or just walking for miles in the woodlands with the dogs ...

Remus

Staff member
picture.php

yup countryside and a quiet pint

Kustamogen

Banned
with my panic disorder safe places or "comfort zones" as I call them are rare!!!.....basically my parents place and the neighborhood they live in. So basically a 5min radius around my parents I can travel and be comfortable for the most part. Everywhere else = panic attack zones

lyricalliaisons

My safe place is my bedroom. It's not outside of my house, but it is the only place that I feel safe. The problem is that when people come over, I don't feel safe at all. If people are downstairs, or if someone knocks on the door, or even calls sometimes, I get incredibly shaken up & my heart starts beating out of my chest like crazy & I feel like I'm going to pass out. As long as no one is here, & no one calls or comes over, I feel pretty safe in my room. I feel most safe at night, though, which is why I hate sleeping at night, because then I have to be up during the day, which is hard for me.

Kustamogen

Banned
Im the same way with having people over. If I go out and get anxious I just leave, when people are over its a lot harder to leave/go to your safe place when youre already there! Its hard to tell ppl to GTFO when youre anxious too.

jhanniffy

When I'm at home it's in my bedroom!But other wise I get out my the sea and go to the stony beach where there is usually nobody!