SA Makes Me Terrible

So I feel like an awful person even saying this, but has your SA ever prevented you from helping someone? A few days ago, a girl in my class was walking down the hallway with her friend and I was walking behind them. A twenty dollar bill (and maybe more, I'm not sure) fell out of the girl's pocket. I would've picked it up, but then I would've had to say her name and tell her and have to say "you're welcome" etc, and I just can't do it. This isn't the first time I've avoided directly helping someone like that. I'm a terrible person.

I hate myself. ::(:

pop-princess

Yup, I can be the same at times and yeah I don't really feel good about myself when I do that :/
I've pretended to not see anything when someone has falled for example. Too scared to ask "are you okay?"

Blandy

Doesn't make u a terrible person, im pretty sure most people with SA have been in a similar situation, i know i have. One time when i was at college a girl in my class was upset because she had had an argument with her friend, she was in tears and wanted a hug, and i was to scared to kind of hug here back (my SA gets alot worse around attractive girls), im pretty sure i made her feel worse, and i felt awful after

Iluv

It doesn't make you terrible at all. I avoid these situations too like I don't want to interfere. I look at it this way sometimes things happen for a reason maybe you were meant not to pick that bill up. Perhaps somebody picked it up who was starving and had no money or food at home.

DeadmanWalking

I wouldn't say that you're terrible, just scared (anxious). There's nothing wrong with that. There's no law saying that you have to help every person you come across. It's nice that you do (since most people, I believe, don't want to), but no one's going to judge you for not doing it.

But, yes, I've been in situations like that before. Once, my brother came into my room crying while I was watching TV and held me. I sat there stunned and didn't know what to do, so I continued to watch TV. I felt horrible; I knew he needed a hug or something, but I'm not comfortable with showing or giving affection::(:. The feeling will pass with time, like it did for me. Don't beat yourself up too much, okay?

Kat

You are not terrible we probably have all been guilty of doing something that is not in someone else best interest, I think someone who is terrible is someone that purposely tries to hurt someone, but being human stuff happens, don't beat yourself up over it.