Romance

Is romance dead?

• Yes

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 69.7%

• Total voters
Most people I see in relationship aren't really that in love but rather sticks together for pragmatic reasons or a fear of being alone. There are a few of course who truly love each other but it seems to be a rare thing in this day and age where everyone is looking for their next high and easily discards yesterdays taste for the flavor of the week.

I haven't given up on romance yet, but I think it is slowly dying in a society that is encouraging individualism in place of solidarity.

^I agree with this. It's sad but true.

You see so many couples that just end up staying together for the practical reasons (kids/mortage) or because of the dread of being single again.
Whatever romantic gestures that were done in the beginning of the relationship soon become less frequent and end up being done just to fill an expectation (a chore) rather then a genuine thoughtful display of affection.

MikeyC

You see so many couples that just end up staying together for the practical reasons (kids/mortage) or because of the dread of being single again.
I'm 99% sure my parents stayed together because of my brother and I.

Aletheia

cultivation

Theres so many little, creative things you can do. Just takes some thought :).

Yes! It can be a form of creative expression.

My favourite was, on our anniversary last yr i had a star named after her. It didnt cost much at all, and we got a certificate with space coordinates and everything to locate it in the night sky. I thought it was a nice gesture. I love her and wanted her to know its forever (to me).

You two are an inspiration.