repeated affirmations

Bo592

I just wondering what do we shy people have to start telling are selves to think more positive about our selves. How many time do we have to say somthing in tell it start to take root ?​
How powerful is our words in our thinking ? It just somthing that always got me thinking if there was only away that I could control my own mind more.

Last edited:
not really

I don't think it works unless you actually have any sort of belief in what you're saying. Just saying something over and over isn't really going to change anything. It's a much harder process than that.

Maybe, to a point. I don't think it will for anything physical but mentally, maybe. As in possibly "I'll be confident, I'll be confident, I WILL BE CONFIDENT" maybe that would work to a degree.

sahxox

Maybe, to a point. I don't think it will for anything physical but mentally, maybe. As in possibly "I'll be confident, I'll be confident, I WILL BE CONFIDENT" maybe that would work to a degree.

Or maybe "I AM confident" because through experience I say 'will' presents an option :/

Well it has not worked for me so far.
I agree with what Psychedelicious mentioned, you have to have some sort of belief in whatever it is that you are saying.
I can keep repeating a positive affirmation 100 times to myself, but If I don't really believe that it can be true, then for me it feels like I am trying to convince myself that my eyes are blue instead of brown.

And yet they must work for some people, otherwise they would not write about them in so many self-help books right?:idontknow:

Bo592

I been studying mind control stuff to try and help me out with my self confident problem and becoming more positive and sted of being shy all the time. I believe the goal to it is to program or mind to believe it. I remember the first , second and third person routine for affirmations. first person . " I am a good person " second person " you Bo592 is a good person " Third person " see Bo592 is a good person. " I believe when saying them it does take convincing and acting skills to make them more believable.

Srijita52

Well for me it depends I guess. I've tried telling myself over and over that I'm confident and stuff like that. What happens though is that I get psyched up for a few moments or a day but ultimately it wears off. I think its because confidence comes from real life evidence, same goes for acquiring social skills too. What helped me was telling myself that I'm not a looser (as I tend to consider myself this a lot) just because I have some problems in some areas, I'm sure everyone does to a point. If they're stopping me to get what I want, I can try working on them. That's just what worked for me though, maybe its different for everyone.