Relationships

ChrisBcrusty

Anyone dating someone that also has SA? if so, how is it? does it seem constructive?

Anyone dating someone who loves you, but does not share your social phobias and is a very outgoing person? Does it still seem like your relationship has a future?

Joh

when i was in relationship i had the same question. i hope you understand i have lost her.yes as a normal person she was unable to deal with my SA.she left me,she was outgoing too. better search SA girl. that's why I'm looking for a girlfriend with same SA! i dont wanna die single lol :bigsmile:

bcsr

I've dated one girl who had social anxiety, and I would probably not do that again. I had to literally do everything in the relationship.

Lavinialuna

My husband had SA when we met. We have been together for 15+ years. Seems things have taken a turn and he has come out of it, and I have gone in. Makes no sense to me, but I figure as long as we balance out, we should be okay.
I do notice that we are terribly co-dependent though and mostly isolated from the world besides each other. It's probably really un-healthy but it works. We hardly ever fight. I guess I'll just go with it as I already signed the license, haha! no backing out now!

No I got a gf who has no SA, in fact is very social, extravert, and confident and she accepts herself and loves herself. I'm the total oposit. But she understands me and she can help me, and I can help her. So yeah It's not needed to be in a relationship with someone who has got SA. It could be nice and lovely, because of the understanding but someone without sa can love you too for you and appreciate even the sa. Just communicate. And don't be afraid to tell the person about sa.

But i would say, a person with sa and sa, sure could be lovely i agree

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
The closest to this, for me, was dating a girl whose father had SA.

He was a police officer and army veteran who began having symptoms in his 50's and had to retire from the force; so she was sympathetic... sometimes. ha ha

We got along well for the most part, until we moved in together, and her crazy-closet burst open.

ChrisBcrusty

when i was in relationship i had the same question. i hope you understand i have lost her.yes as a normal person she was unable to deal with my SA.she left me,she was outgoing too. better search SA girl. that's why I'm looking for a girlfriend with same SA! i dont wanna die single lol :bigsmile:

Sorry to hear that man, same happened to me as well. I guess if they are not there to help they are not worth it. Haha yeah thats no good, maybe we will find some SA babes on here eh.

ChrisBcrusty

My husband had SA when we met. We have been together for 15+ years. Seems things have taken a turn and he has come out of it, and I have gone in. Makes no sense to me, but I figure as long as we balance out, we should be okay.
I do notice that we are terribly co-dependent though and mostly isolated from the world besides each other. It's probably really un-healthy but it works. We hardly ever fight. I guess I'll just go with it as I already signed the license, haha! no backing out now!

Thats awesome! I hope we can all find something like that. Well maybe that means your next :) yeah that seems like it would be a problem, but I dont think I would mind that either lol.

ChrisBcrusty

I've dated one girl who had social anxiety, and I would probably not do that again. I had to literally do everything in the relationship.

I could especially see that happening with someone with SA, but probably not all SA girls are like that. Definitely something to look out for though. Too bad there isn't more to choose from.