REALLY like a girl who has a boyfriend for 2 years

seth3g5

There is there is this girl that i met almost 2 months ago. Right now we are just friends but i really realy really like her. i like her way more than any other girl i have ever liked. She has a boyfriend and they’ve been together for 2 years. She never has even mentioned him to me but she knows that i know she has a boyfriend. Whenever we see each other around school we always say hi and we still do even if she is with her boyfriend. I’d say we are pretty good friends but just friends. I think she likes me but i’m not real sure.

She sometimes playfully says she hates me. is that good?? and she also has said that she missed me when we didn't see each other for about 3 days.

But i have no idea what to do?? do i tell her how i feel and risk losing a good friend?? do i just wait for them to break up even if they have been together for 2 years? and i don’t think i can just move on because she is the only girl like and i like her a lot.

any help would REALLY BE APPRECIATED
thanks

SickJoke

Let's flip it around. Pretend some other guy is trying to become "more than friends" with YOUR girlfriend of 2 years. You wouldn't appreciate that would ya now?

Move on, man.

2Crowded

Should leave her alone..unless you can be her friend only...she probly dont like you in the way you are thinking...otherwise she probly wouldnt be with him right now like she is....be her friend & try to forget bout her that way or you will upset her & then u wont even have her as a friend anymore... but like was said already..probly best to look elsewhere & distance yourself a bit..cause it probly wont end up like you want...if you are lucky enough to find someone else who you like that way & they like you that way to...you may not lose this current girl as a friend.

Life does suck sometimes..well alot of the time.. I think we all feel your pain & understand.

seth3g5

well its not uncommon for a girl to have a boyfriend and like someone else too.. is it?

and yes, like does suck.

well its not uncommon for a girl to have a boyfriend and like someone else too.. is it?

I don't think it's uncommon, but if she's serious about her current boyfriend, which after 2 years she probably is, then I probably wouldn't encourage her to leave him or be unfaithful. Stay her friend, or stay away from her. And if she does break up with the bf down the line and you feel like you have a chance, fine. But if she would be the type to leave her current boyfriend for you, then she could probably do the same to you if you became her boyfriend (like if she cheats on him, she'd cheat on you). Hope this makes sense.

Kien

I don't see why to even think about all this. You like a girl but she has someone else. Just leave thoughts about being together with her.

kyle

Banned
well Seth,

I have to put my 2 cents in and I hope this helps.

Does she feel the same way as you do to her? (if she says she misses you after 3 days, that is a good indication). If she never talks about her bf around you, that could be another indication she likes you.

Have yoou tried taking her out for drinks? Alcohol usually relaxes people in moderate quantities. She may be more receptive to you.

If I were you I would give it a shot. You only live life once, and this kind of thing happens all the time. You have to keep in mind potential reprocussions if she decides to break up with her bf for you. Her bf will likely hate you and possibly want to get into an altercation with you. Some of her friends will be cold to you for the initial period. But if you really love her, why not take a chance?

The worst that can happen is she will be a little uncomfortable around you if she says no. I don't think she will stop speaking to you, but its hard to say as everyone is different. Just try and analyze the situation before you make up your mind. Remember not everyone is happy in a relationship, and she can possibly be waiting for you to make your move...

seth3g5

thanks for the advice everyone. ill go ahead and respond to yalls comments

lurknomore-im willing to take that risk
kien-i guess should have also put that i sit right next to her in chemistry, i ride the same bus, and i see her everyday. Its tough to just not think about her and i really like her.
kyle-thanks for the advice. im only 15, lol, i wish i could take her out for drinks, lol.

gsmax5

Well, if you want to break up the relationship, you should get the boy to break up with the girl; this will be easier, and less overall harm will be done. Just talk to the guy, and indirectly make comments about some unattractive traits the girl has (don't mention her though). Anyway, I forgot, from the looks of your post, it seems like you don't even know the boy, haha, sorry about that.

If you have the time, you can read this:

How To Get A Woman You Want To Break Up With Her Boyfriend & Go Out With You

There is also this less detailed site:

How to Hook Up with a Girl Who Has a Boyfriend - wikiHow

Last edited:

Rise Against

I would wait it out... its a good thing that you are friends, so when the time comes you will have a legit opportunity to get her.

DaaaBulls

Seth-
I don't know why all of these people are being negative. I like the one guy saying flip it around and look at through the other guys eyes, common dude. If the girl wants to be with another guy then she has every right to, it doesn't matter if she has had a boyfriend for 2 years, 2 weeks, 2 centuries. If she has feelings for another person she isn't going to give her boyfriend 100% and that isn't fair to either of them.

My opinion is that if you like her then you should go for her. A girl is fair game until she is married. Period. What, just because she has a boyfriend means she is going to be with this guy for the rest of her life? I don't think so. That is what being young is about, trying to find someone who you have no doubt is the person for you. I wouldn't stear clear of girls with boyfriends because you don't know why she is with him. Maybe she has no one else so she feels she has to stay with him. Who knows. I can't really give you any advice since I am still learning how to do the same thing with girls as well. My advice would be to not just let her go. Stay friends with her at the very least and don't give up hope. Regreting these things are what stay with you for the rest of your life. I find that it isn't the rejections that stay with me, it's the times I regret not even trying and will never know what could have been.

2 years is a pretty solid sign and girls in alot of cases are like as you described towards there guy friends so i don't think shes giving you any hints

the one thing you have to remember is once you do tell her it will never be the same again and she will change but i can't say what will happen for certain but she will change.

gsmax5

very very slimey guides sheesh!

If your dream came true OP and she dumped him for you, tell me, how can you trust her?

Hey I'm not that slimey, I was just giving him what he asked for (or at least that's what he sounded like he wanted)

Kien

But it's no reason to start hoping for her just because you like her. She won't change because of what you think. She's not available, she has someone else. You can only move on and forget her.

i think she will change, she won't change for him but everytime they see each other or walk past each oher or something like then, then there will be awkwardness and it won't be the same again.