Reading into things too much

Srijita52

Probably like most of you, I over analyze all of my social interactions. It's like I have multiple cameras filming the conversation at different angles. One camera on the person that I'm talking to, looking for any social cues of disapproval and another on myself analyzing how I am coming across to them. I'll find hidden messages in what they say (usually in the negative towards me) and what they don't say.

I even do this with my Psychiatrist. If she seemed more energetic the meeting before, I'll take that as she is getting tired of me. When she says something, I look for subconscious meanings that may have unintentionally slipped out.

A person can be completely affable towards me and yet I'll find something that I think proves that they don't really like me anymore. I do this all the time and it can really ruin my day. I'll go back home and ruminate over it.

I know, it's completely insane (and stems from low self esteem), yet I continue to do it. ::(:

I remember reading somewhere people with SA tend to have a higher amount of interpersonal sensitivity than others. This is certainly true for me. The thing is I logically know that I'm overreacting but still can't help it. What I'm trying to do is accept the fact that I tend to over analyze and be oversensitive and go for what I want to do anyway.

I constantly find myself doing that, makes me feel better I'm not the only one. I also constantly find myself reading body language more than listening to what they're saying. Face to face conversation, I use the body language to gauge if I'm being lied to or if the other person is nervous.

ImNotMyIllness

I constantly find myself doing that, makes me feel better I'm not the only one. I also constantly find myself reading body language more than listening to what they're saying. Face to face conversation, I use the body language to gauge if I'm being lied to or if the other person is nervous.

I think being nervous myself often will make the other person nervous, which of course I take as a sign that they're uncomfortable being around me.....:eek:mg:

selon

I think being nervous myself often will make the other person nervous, which of course I take as a sign that they're uncomfortable being around me.....:eek:mg:

Same here! It's too hard to tell at first whether they are uncomfortable or just don't understand why I'm being all weird, so I mostly think it's the first one. When I start thinking about that during a conversation I get so embarassed that I blush, and since anyone talking to a tomato head gets uncomfortable (why is she blushing? What did I say? What's wrong with her?) ... :eek:h:

ImNotMyIllness

Same here! It's too hard to tell at first whether they are uncomfortable or just don't understand why I'm being all weird, so I mostly think it's the first one. When I start thinking about that during a conversation I get so embarassed that I blush, and since anyone talking to a tomato head gets uncomfortable (why is she blushing? What did I say? What's wrong with her?) ... :eek:h:

......If it makes you feel any better, guys love a blushing girl!! That why women put blush on their cheeks.
How to Put On Blush | eHow

theoutsider

I remember reading somewhere people with SA tend to have a higher amount of interpersonal sensitivity than others. This is certainly true for me. The thing is I logically know that I'm overreacting but still can't help it. What I'm trying to do is accept the fact that I tend to over analyze and be oversensitive and go for what I want to do anyway.

It's often helpful for me to realize I'm overreacting to a situation but that also never seems to stop me from doing it over and over again.

jaim38

I do this too. Today I thought a teammate was being sarcastic when he said I was a true leader so I asked him, "what is that supposed to mean?" and he just laughed. I don't know if I'm misinterpreting signs or whatever.

paperie

Ugh. I do this all the time too.
anxiety-girl.jpg