Rate the last film you didn't watch.

Hahaha I like this thread already.

Hmm, let's see... Yes, the Hobbit looks terrible.

Do I really need to say anything about the latest Twilight? I hate the whole series. I read the book before I ever knew how much it was going to explode (read: "I read it before it was cool!" ;)), and it hardly piqued my interest. Yuck.

Rise of the Guardians looks like the same old animated crap.

Skyfall is supposed to be decent entertainment but nothing original.

I think that's all I have for now. I rarely watch television so I don't even know half of what's playing right now.

Oh, yeah - Cloud Atlas looks semi-interesting. And The Dark Knight Rises - I have to see that. I haven't seen the first one though (or Batman Begins), so I have some catching up to do.

Last edited:

Steppen-Wolf

The Hobbit?, pfff... what a load of derivative crap!, also all the homoerotic dwarves scenes were really unnecesary.

Breaking Dawn Part 2, I loved it!, it was time for Edward to come out of the closet already.

And Skyfall?, man... Pierce Brosnan hasn't aged very well... and why dye his hair blonde?, mid life crisis?

Oh! I forgot. Life of Pi. I read the book like 3 times, loved it. As far as the movie goes, the cinematography looks beautiful, but I'm not sure about how they're going to tell the story... I'm very wary of movies based on books. But I'm first a reader and then a movie watcher, so that is inevitable :D

That said, I'll probably watch the movie just so I can criticize how poorly they adapted it :D

mikebird

Banned
Reason to respect The Hobbit.. the next two installments I'm waiting for:

My first typing adventure game in 1980s cam with a free copy of the book.

Desolution of Smaug is appropriate to me now, by myself. The dragon liked gathering all its gold wealth, but nobody to share it with and I'm not wealthy. Nobody else, such as a dwarf or hobbit would want to rob me. Even that would expand my social circle if there was theft

bleakness, starkness, barrenness, sterility; wildness; isolation, loneliness, remoteness.
a feeling of utter desolation: misery, sadness, unhappiness, despondency, sorrow, depression, grief, woe; broken-heartedness, wretchedness, dejection, rejection, devastation, despair, anguish, distress.

I see Hobbit as more thrill as a prelude to RingLord, which was too stretched out and it's worth seeing Hobbit in three parts

As for anyone who doesn't like special magic effects in a movie, I feel very harsh about current video games with tarted-up games with polished polygons & textures for 1st person view

There was more gameplay and strategy for the mind in the 1980s with PacMan, platform games and street beat-ups like Double Dragon, Midwinter and The New Zealand Story, Zelda, Fantasy Star

Life of PI was dismally boring. Boat and tiger... Should have screened that story in 5 minutes

Last edited:

Kiwong

Anything with Steven Seagal in it. He is so cumbersome, I give his athletics ability a 1/10. Any reasonably agile villain should kill him in seconds. . . .l

jaim38

I'm gonna go off topic here. There are so many movies I didn't watch - Inception, Hunger Games, Batman, Brave, Iron Man, etc. I'm so busy saving money these days so I haven't gone to the theatre for 3-4 years. Plus agoraphobia and only 1 friend in the city kind of hinders me. About 4 weeks ago, I tried streaming the Hunger Games from Amazon Prime before the trial ended but too bad my Internet connection was too slow for that. So yeah. I don't see myself seeing any hollywood blockbusters until after I get a job.

Review: The Matrix (et al) - a man in a long coat dodges a bullet and Hugo Weaving is in it too

4 stars (out of 100)

Pic: Hugo Weaving not in The Matrix
PRISCILLA3.jpg