Random insults

upndwn

The last two times I have been out on the town. Two random people have stepped up to me and commented my appearance for no apparent reason. I don't know wether I should get insulted or take it as friendly critique. I must admit that I have chosen an unorthodox style (long hair, dark clothes) to present myself, but it has never happened before that anyone has openly ridiculed my appearance two weekends in a row. One incident I could live with, but two in two weeks starts to look like a pattern. I'm really at a loss here what to think and how to interpret this. I wish I could just ignore it and move on, but this bothers me to no end.

Mr_Vabanque

This reminds me of something. A couple of weeks ago at a train station while walking past this girl we accidentally touch slightly, most usual thing ever. Literally en passant she went: "a**hole!". [she was clearly going out with her girlfriends and all pumped up about it ]
I'm no stranger to conflicts in public and my first reaction is always to get back at people, but this time i just thought it was absolutely adorable.

MollyBeGood

The last two times I have been out on the town. Two random people have stepped up to me and commented my appearance for no apparent reason. I don't know wether I should get insulted or take it as friendly critique. I must admit that I have chosen an unorthodox style (long hair, dark clothes) to present myself, but it has never happened before that anyone has openly ridiculed my appearance two weekends in a row. One incident I could live with, but two in two weeks starts to look like a pattern. I'm really at a loss here what to think and how to interpret this. I wish I could just ignore it and move on, but this bothers me to no end.

imo people with any real sense of general kindness don't comment on others looks unless they are total a-holes which you would have to be to behave that way.
What exactly did they say and how did they say it??

Srijita52

LOL I've never heard of random strangers just poping up & commenting on someone's appearance in their face.It was really wierd of them.I think its up to you now,if you feel your appearance is part of who you are then don't change it.Don't care what others say,not everyone likes everything.But if you think there's no harm in changing it a little bit then go for it.

upndwn

They said something about me having a rapist beard and that I'd never get laid. It ticked me off, but I'm not going to let it get to me. I have a style of appearance that provokes some people, it's a conscious choice i have made. I think it is better to have a style and identity than to be one of the faceless sheep out there. I just thought it was odd and random that it happened two weekends in a row. I guess some people just needs to be a**holes to feel better about themselves.

WeirdyMcGee

I'm sorry... this really sucks- I know because I get randomly insulted every time I leave the house.
I even try to look trendy and 'normal' so I don't stand out but apparently I'm still an easy target for drive-by-namecalling and random insults.
I don't understand why it happens...
Well, maybe I understand why a person would do it (having a bad day, etc.)- but it doesn't make it any less rude and stupid.

slapstick

u know your'e doing something right when people are insulting you..Its da way the world works..and those idiots are jus bad people..I meaN WHO has the nerve to do that...people can be *******s

Kat

It’s not for them to decide how you should look. They shouldn’t be let loose in public with their appalling behavior.

Prestonator

Should it really matter what others think of you? You are who you are, and if others don't like that, then that's their problem!

coyote

...I guess some people just needs to be a**holes to feel better about themselves.

i believe you have hit the nail on the head

people can choose to be positive, negative, or indifferent toward you

the reaction they choose is a reflection of them

it's not about you at all

Hey, I know exactly what you're talking man, I get comments all the time.
I think it is based on my short hair, boyish style (i'm not really girly).
I'm a sk8ergirl, I just like to wear baggy shirts and skate shoes, and have a cool attitude. I'm growing my hair a little longer, just so that people can see i'm a girl.
I just like being like this, because I love being like this and I hate it, that people don't accept me, although some people find me beautiful the way I am, and those people are generous and respectful.
I am glad some people look deeper and more than just looks, and judge a book cover.... -_-

Lucy:)

That's one the reasons I ended up where I am now, stupid comments from other people.

Me too!
To be honest I think its what triggered my SA, if my appearance was so offensive it would cause total strangers to insult me then there must be something wrong. But now I'm coming to the conclusion that people who do things like that are complete idiots.

Last edited: