Question for Christians: What is God's real name?

FOR REAL

Banned
oh, not another question about the almighty:rolleyes:

i reckon god and jesus were best pals and went to the pub with each other:)

stephen

I think if there were a god then it wouldn't be too fussed what you called it. (BTW I'm not using "it" to be offensive, I just think assigning a gender to god is about as pointless as assigning a name).

worrywort

Godfrey.....we just call him God for short!

serious answer...I'm not sure it matters what his real name is? names are just words humans give to things to help us define and differentiate reality better. Multiple names for the same thing won't change the thing itself. In fact, last I checked, I think God has loads of names in the Bible; Elohim, El Shaddai, Adonai, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc

so I dunno...interesting question though!

AGR

I think both are the same,its just that diferent people call him/her/it diferent things.

Emily_G

God has many names, I'm not sure one is more His name than any other. But I'm not sure, good question :)

Jehovah is more a term used for God the Father, and Yahweh for God the Son.....I think.

Luke1993

Thank you all for your answers! Well Islam has a lot of names for their deity Allah, in fact there is 99 different names for him (And a hidden 100th name but apparently you only find out that name once you're in paradise)

iamthenra

I believe Gods real name is Satan... Maybe even Lucifer with the horns and pitchfork too... If there is a God, how could he / she allow so many of us to suffer throughout life, and most of us look forward to dieing just to relieve ourselves of the pain we hold inside. Sorry, just in one of those moods again. :rolleyes:

I think that unto God belong the best and most beautiful of names... But the name itself... I think that it depends a bit on the person's language, but that doesn't matter because God knows whatever is in the person's heart and his or her intentions.

I believe Gods real name is Satan... Maybe even Lucifer with the horns and pitchfork too... If there is a God, how could he / she allow so many of us to suffer throughout life, and most of us look forward to dieing just to relieve ourselves of the pain we hold inside. Sorry, just in one of those moods again. :rolleyes:

I often feel that way too, though I'd not say that his name is Satan.. More that God's aspect is such that he puts his creatures under immense trials...

But I also believe that the trials are just within our ability to overcome them even when it never feels that way. And that these trials are there to show to ourselves the true nature of our character. Even if I don't believe in God, I definitely believe that only when a person is put to the test that his or her true character emerges. Beyond the programming of nature and nurture and the insanity of the world, there is something in the human being that is capable of changing for the better.

To meet trials with perseverance and grace. Well, I'm not here to debate because I do feel what you feel most of the time and I feel it very keenly. I'm forced to go to conscription, command men and be commanded, handle firearms... etc... And I really can't do that anymore... But if I don't, I go to prison.

Yet I've no money. No relationships. I'm anxious all my life and I can't even sleep at night. When I work, there are instances where I don't sleep at all for an entire week. It's that bad... I'm just saying this so that you know you're not the only one who feels that way about God or life.