Question about dating and first kiss ...

coyote

I agree with PunkRotten.

When I was 18/19, I felt like such a loser because I hadn't experienced anything. And, at the same time, i was scared to death, shy, socially awkward, bullied, etc.

My "WHOLE LIFE" was a failure.

Now I'm 46. I've traveled the world, went to college, dated a number of women, been married twice, divorced twice, fathered children, had sex like 3,978 times at least, filed bankruptcy, had 10 or 11 different cars, had 4 different careers, etc, etc....

What I'm saying is - your "WHOLE LIFE" has barely even started!

I would gladly trade places with any one of you....

just so i could be in your shoes and have the whole thing to look forward to again.

Forget about your past - your life is ahead of you.

My OWN life is only half over - the way i see it, I have another 50 years of fun to experience yet.

It's gonna be a blast!!

Last edited:
Yeah the worse thing you can do is live a life where you live to fit in and/or impress others. To me I think that's the biggest issues younger people face. They give into pressure and are so stuck on fitting in and impressing others. And the thing is, none of them really have any sense of strong identity yet.

The things they think are so important they will find later to be not as important. These people they want to impress and fit in with, they will realize all those poeple are idiots and full of **** and have nothing good about them.

coyote

Yeah the worse thing you can do is live a life where you live to fit in and/or impress others. To me I think that's the biggest issues younger people face. They give into pressure and are so stuck on fitting in and impressing others. And the thing is, none of them really have any sense of strong identity yet.

The things they think are so important they will find later to be not as important. These people they want to impress and fit in with, they will realize all those poeple are idiots and full of **** and have nothing good about them.

yeah - i forgot most of their names until they looked me up on Facebook

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I agree with PunkRotten.

When I was 18/19, I felt like such a loser because I hadn't experienced anything. And, at the same time, i was scared to death, shy, socially awkward, bullied, etc.

My "WHOLE LIFE" was a failure.

Now I'm 46. I've traveled the world, went to college, dated a number of women, been married twice, divorced twice, fathered children, had sex like 3,978 times at least, filed bankruptcy, had 10 or 11 different cars, had 4 different careers, etc, etc....

What I'm saying is - your "WHOLE LIFE" has barely even started!

I would gladly trade places with any one of you....

just so i could be in your shoes and have the whole thing to look forward to again.

Forget about your past - your life is ahead of you.

My OWN life is only half over - the way i see it, I have another 50 years of fun to experience yet.

It's gonna be a blast!!
Hahahah. :D
George Bernard Shaw said:
Youth is wasted on the young.

I think the main problem for most on here is lack of identity. Lot of people here are generally clueless. They are more concerned with petty stuff like getting a GF or BF, or doing something to impress others. What they need to do is focus on getting their lives in order and finding their true selves. I do not think anyone can live well until they do this. Their lives will be filled with insecurity, depression, anxiety, confusion, worry, loneliness etc.

Thinking that getting a kiss, or getting a GF/BF, or having sex, or doing drugs, or working a job, is gonna help you and cure your problems, you are wrong.

What's gonna get you through life is values and strong sense of identity. Everything you would want will be much easier to gain this way. And you can only ever really enjoy it this way too.

Snowdrop

I think the main problem for most on here is lack of identity. Lot of people here are generally clueless. They are more concerned with petty stuff like getting a GF or BF, or doing something to impress others. What they need to do is focus on getting their lives in order and finding their true selves. I do not think anyone can live well until they do this. Their lives will be filled with insecurity, depression, anxiety, confusion, worry, loneliness etc.

Thinking that getting a kiss, or getting a GF/BF, or having sex, or doing drugs, or working a job, is gonna help you and cure your problems, you are wrong.

What's gonna get you through life is values and strong sense of identity. Everything you would want will be much easier to gain this way. And you can only ever really enjoy it this way too.

You speak a lot of sense. It made me realize what's actually important in this present moment...

Felgen

You have a good point, but the feeling of being "unloved" is a serious kick in the balls to one's self-esteem. I didn't have a serious relationship before the age of 21 (and that was with a girl I didn't really love), so I know the feeling.

honeydippedxo

You have def. nottt missed out on anything by not dated in your teens sweetie. dont worry about it. when your ready the time will come for your first kiss. hope that when you do get your first, its super special and worth the wait. not like mine! the dumb boy asked me to dance and shoved his icky tung in my mouth. ugh! grossss.

Interzone

I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. I've never dated and never had a first kiss. It's something I am ashamed and upset of. For one, I feel like I am not gaining useful relationship experience for later in life when things get more serious. Now is the time to learn but I am not learning.

Kristina223

18, almost 19, never had a boyfriend and never been kissed. In high school, I don't think I even talked with a guy more than twice.

Last edited:

tekoa25

When i was in high school i had many opportunity's to date. Quite a few very cute girls in fact. But my awkwardness and inability to just "be my self" ruined things. Now i feel like i regret how things turned out, but i don't. i have learned from mistakes i have made, and even learned from mistakes i haven't made. i'm in the process of making myself a better person because of the experiences i have had or lack thereof.

I'll be turning 27 next april, and the last "girlfriend" i had was my freshman year of high school. but i don't feel as if i have had a true relationship with anyone yet.

my best advise for you, and something I'm working for everyday, is to just be yourself. Cliche as it sounds, i mean it 100%. I've tried being agreeable with people and pleasing everyone i can. never giving my own personality a chance. If someone don't like you, don't change yourself for their sake. Also, its seems things like love and dating always happen when you least expect it too. Thats my 2cent. /shrug