Public speaking class

Dj SL

Well, I have to give a speech due on thursday. Theme: What is the most embarrassing moment you had?

I Don't remember, but I have to give the speech no matter what....::eek::

Phoenixx

D: Embarrassing moments are very hard for me to talk about, because they always just make me depressed just thinking about them. Like public speaking isn't hard enough. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give. But I wish you the best of luck!

Dj SL

D: Embarrassing moments are very hard for me to talk about, because they always just make me depressed just thinking about them. Like public speaking isn't hard enough. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give. But I wish you the best of luck!

Will + Skill = success

Dj SL

What class is it for if I may ask?

Public speaking is a class that is need it to take, they teach me how to speak in public because it's the base whenever I have to speak in public (job)
I'm majoring in Audio production, I want to be a Dj and I have to speak in public...

alwaysrunning

I once took a monologue drama class, where every week i had to prepare, deliver, and act out(in various ways) a monlogue for the class of 10 to critique.Critiques involved appearance, approapiateness of dress, pronunciation and vocals. The class met three days a week so even exercises involved some sort of acting. The final was a real play audition invloving a song number. needless to say that was hell and i understand where ur coming from, but all that criticism and standing in front of seasoned student actors helped me somehow.

As for ur embarrasing moment i say be creative and offer some sort of retrospective a linear speech in which you descrive that speech giving is very embarassing for you and how this very momnet is the most embarrassing, might be innovative and cool i think. Lots of luck!

mattbarneswillkillu

thats an embarrassing topic. shame on your teacher! As you get called to speak, tell her/him that I said that the topic isn't appropriate.
i can imagine it now...
you- "mattbarneswillkillu said that you should change the topic"
your teacher - "is that a death threat?"
you - "uh"
your teacher - "your teacher belittles you in front of the class"

Then you use this scenario as your most embarrassing moment.

Dj SL

thats an embarrassing topic. shame on your teacher! As you get called to speak, tell her/him that I said that the topic isn't appropriate.
i can imagine it now...
you- "mattbarneswillkillu said that you should change the topic"
your teacher - "is that a death threat?"
you - "uh"
your teacher - "your teacher belittles you in front of the class"

Then you use this scenario as your most embarrassing moment.

^ maybe this

mattbarneswillkillu

^ maybe this

If you dont have any solid alternatives, this could still work...

If the earlier idea does not work to plan and your teacher says for you to proceed with your speech, continue to stand in front of the class.

briefly mumble about how this very moment is embarrassing. Tell the class how you had trouble coming up with a topic and that you went to a forum for ideas...
Copy a few of the responses you got from this thread and "quote" them on note cards. Then say how you thought all the suggestions were weak, and you randomly went with this one.
  • you could say that personally your embarrassed for taking advice from a stranger named "mattbarneswillkillyou"
  • and that you thought that my first plan would work and your embarrased that you had to get to plan b
do it!
good luck!

LazyHermitCrab

What a topic to go along with a presentation, good luck with that :) Be like i'm about to have the most embarrasing moment by running away from this presentation, just kidding!

geanlove

I had to do a presentation to my class about a person of my choice, powerpoint, speak less than 30 ppl. and I started trembling! couldn't talk! & sure couldn't type or use the mouse I had to to get to the slideshow! I booked it back to my seat & presentation over! but that happens to me & I get uncomfoatably hot all over my body! any advice for me because I have to take a speech class in the future & the only thing I thought of doing was either get a doctor's dismissal :) or take it in the summer & show up under the influence of something! lol

Dj SL

I had to do a presentation to my class about a person of my choice, powerpoint, speak less than 30 ppl. and I started trembling! couldn't talk! & sure couldn't type or use the mouse I had to to get to the slideshow! I booked it back to my seat & presentation over! but that happens to me & I get uncomfoatably hot all over my body! any advice for me because I have to take a speech class in the future & the only thing I thought of doing was either get a doctor's dismissal :) or take it in the summer & show up under the influence of something! lol

Drink some beers, then give your speech lol. just kidding

Dj SL

Finally, I gave my speech, I felt fear but when I started talking the fear went away. I did it good. I felt excited that I could do it. I couldn't believe it.

After that I felt that I can give speeches in front of audiences. When the class was over, I went to my car, and I started crying, I thanked god for gave me strenght... I'm waiting to give my 2nd speech because I feel better when I show up... I made it :) :) :)

Blabla..

haha you must feel great now !

How ridiculous is this , we constantly scare ourselves with our imagination .

I did something really hard for me not too long ago and most of the anxiety i got was before i even attempted to do it .

Dj SL

haha you must feel great now !

How ridiculous is this , we constantly scare ourselves with our imagination .

I did something really hard for me not too long ago and most of the anxiety i got was before i even attempted to do it .

Yes, I feel great and happy. I think is not ridiculous, I think is awesome give a speech having control of myself. The fear is only eventually. "we think, people are going to reject us." It's not truth, It's irrational. We only imagine rejection.

MollyBeGood

I read somewhere even people w/out SA would rather die than give a speech, and you're given such a topic? Doesn't make sense to me that anyone should be subjected to this tbh. torture b.s.

Blabla..

you misunderstood , i did not say that your speech was ridiculous .

I also think that it is awesome that you controlled yourself and that you gave that speech .

Dj SL

狼;483672 said:
I read somewhere even people w/out SA would rather die than give a speech, and you're given such a topic? Doesn't make sense to me that anyone should be subjected to this tbh. torture b.s.

true, the 1st fear rated is giving a speech, the 2nd is die.