Professional or self diagnoased SA/SP sufferer.

Professional or self diagnoased.

• Professionally diagnosed.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Self diagnoased

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many people here have self diagnosed their SA/SP from reading about it
or how many people have been to a professional to get it diagnosed.

I had actually never heard of SA/SP until I was diagnosed by the counselor that I was seeing for depression- and the depression was diagnosed by a doctor that I went to because of headaches... it had never occurred to me that I had mental issues. Of course, this was about 12 years ago, before internet use was that widespread.

Kat

I was diagnosed three different times and one of them did have sp and he said I had four different anxiety disorders.

Noca

Banned
I suggested the diagnosis to my doctor who had already diagnosed me with depression, and she diagnosed me with SA too.

I'm Not There

When I had my first therapy session, I told my therapist that I thought I had SA. Come to think of it, she has never specifically told me that I actually have it. Tomorrow I'll ask her whether I have it or not. Thanks for reminding me by this poll ::p:.

mozart87

self... medical system in my country is ...very very low...and to be honest I would only try a holistic approach. I don't wanna take pills

I got on the computer and looked up social disorders it matches up pretty well to me but ill never know for sure beacuse no one seems to think i need therapy

market.garden

I don't see anything wrong with self diagnosis of certain things, we know better than anyone how we feel, and especially after reading other people's stories on forums like this, it all seems to make more sense.

Shift

I knew I had it after I found out about SA, but I have also been tested and professionally diagnosed.

Eam

Professionally diagnosed last week, actually. I should have sought help earlier, but something finally pushed me towards needing to face up to it and get help.

awkwardamanda

I probably have SA and I'm pretty damn sure I'm depressed. I've been moody my whole life but it was only about last winter that it became clear to me I was depressed. I had heard of social phobia a few years ago but never thought much of it until recently. I've been reading up on it and realizing this sounds so much like me. It finally clicked that all my social issues are mostly what's making me feel depressed. I've never seen a doctor about it. I've thought about it but I'm not so sure I can bring myself to do that. Maybe in the future. I dunno, not yet.