Problems with your Signifigant other about this forum.

panicsurvivor

Does anybody else have problems with there partner when it comes to this site? My girlfriend gets annoyed When I am on here for more than twenty minutes. She says that there is really nothing that I can do to help anyone on here, and that there is certainly nothing anyone on here can do for me. When I say that some of the people on here are my friends she rolls her eyes. Does anyone else deal with this?

Fortunately no I don't have to deal with this :D

But yeah it doesn't matter if it's over the internet or in real life. If you are exchanging information it's a form of communication. Which means that you are talking to fellow human beings, your girlfriend should grasp the concept of this. It's a great site. Should get her to speak with some of us :D :p

^Yeah, she should speak to me personally :p.

You've helped me tons dude. My mind is what is ****ed up, you've helped me straighten out my thinking so many times and have really had a big positive impact on me. I've seen you make some great posts to other people's problems as well, and I'm sure that has helped them too. You're a wise, smart, caring guy, so your presence here is very much appreciated and beneficial.

As for us helping you, I don't know, only you can say.

Just tell your girlfriend, "hey I like going on this site, so what?". Tell her it's like reading the newspaper or watching TV for you :)

Hm, can't say that I do. My partner pretty much trusts every decision I make.

But I don't think 20 minutes is that long. If you spend hours and hours on here, that would be another thing. But 20-40 minutes shouldn't be reason to conflict. Perhaps it might help if she talked with some of us here, see how we do things. How tight the friendships are/become.

I don't get why some people patronize online friendships. They're just as good as any other friendship. :3

Feathers

Okay, some people can be jealous of the internet. My parents were and a friend was too. (A female friend!! You'd think she was married to me or something? :rolleyes: )

I was at another forum and was there a lot and couldn't talk to her on the phone so much when she wanted me to (which was non-stop).
In the end I stopped going to that forum so much anyway (and moved elsewhere) and significantly decreased time with her too, cause it was a bit too much, and a bit one-sided (I tried to be very supportive and she wasn't so much..)

In a relationship, it can be different.
If there is limited time (with jobs today etc) she may really want more of your attention or help in the house or doing things together etc.

Also, if she read any of your posts to Pookah, she may be justifiedly jealous?? :rolleyes:
(At least I would be!!! :D)