Problem finding a girlfriend in school

I am now really trying to get a girlfriend, never have one, but I dont seem to find. The problem basically is no subject that would capture my interest to continue a conversation. They like to talk about guys, hair and beauty, normal things that happens in their life. None of these seem to capture my interest since the last one I really dont have a life to speak, so I always end the conversation fast. I try to dicuss thing I like, first would be movies but they say they dont watch these kind of movies, like old movies and historical drama movies, books they just find boring and by last I ask about games and comics and they say thats for boys. So I am thinking now, is the problem really with me or they have no culture knowledge at all? If all girls are like them I guess I'll really die alone. Sorry if any girl find this offensive but this is what happens in my classroom.

MikeyC

School. Let me guess, you're in high school?

Girls (and boys) usually discuss what's "cool" when in high school, because otherwise you're branded as uncool and nobody wants that. Trying to find a girlfriend in your year in high school is a very difficult thing, because you're quite limited with the girls you're exposed to. Of course, meeting other girls is hard because you will find it hard to meet them.

High school is not real life. Everyone in your year, including you, are still trying to find who they are and what they want in life. I wouldn't worry about not having a girlfriend because there's a LOT more girls than just who you know in your year. Believe me.

OceanMist

Those girls sound extremely shallow. So they just tune you out when you try to talk to them?

If that's the case, then no, all girls are not like them. Women are willing to listen and they usually love to talk.

The thing I notice in your post though is that you mentioned something about comics, and unfortunately like 99% of women can't really relate with those. It's just one of those things that many women find childish and boring. No offense, I mean if you enjoy comics, more power to you. I'd avoid bringing up comics with women though.

Women want to talk about stuff they can relate to and love talking about themselves.

Just the mere fact that you are already talking to women in high school is very positive. A lot of shy guys are kind of alone throughout high school and don't talk to many women, if any.

Tons of guys in the world are going through what you are, it's tough to relate to the opposite sex because well.....they are the opposite sex. They can have many different interests than us. It's not like talking to our bros and discussing who the best quarterback in the NFL is or something.

That's what makes it so hard to walk up to women and talk to them. It's why I have a fear of approaching women in a bar. I mean coming up with approriate conversation and keeping them entertained for more than a minute sounds very tough. There are many other men that agree with me I'm sure.

Yes, I know there are a lot of girls out there, but these girls are the only ones that I am unwittingly exposed to. They looked like uninterested when I tried to talk to them, like "Why am I wasting my time with him?", but as a social phobic, every person I talk to, I ended up feeling that way too, so I may be wrong. Now with social phobia plus the lack of common interests with girls, now I see this can be really difficult, but not impossible I hope.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Don't worry, I felt the same way about guys (and girls) when I was in highschool. They were all a bunch of shallow d-bags. Probably still are.
There's still a lot of gender segregation in society and the media so you'll find that impressionable teenagers try hard to be what they're told to be (fit into their stereotypical gender roles). Girls = Hair/Fashion/Guys/Bitching, Guys = Sports/Video games/Girls/D-bagery.

Honestly, a relationship is not worth pursuing at your age anyway, since most teens are still extremely immature. The best you'll probably get are shallow conversations and awkward sex.

Women want to talk about stuff they can relate to and love talking about themselves.

Wait, wha- Hey! D:<

*is female*

Hellhound

Super Moderator

You obviously love unleashing my rage.

Excuse me, sir. I suggest you to go educate yourself and quit talking about the opposite sex as if we were animals before running your misogynist mouth again.

With such mentality, you aren't going to have luck with girls ever. I wouldn't like to date a guy who thinks I'm self-centered and dumb and only useful for sex.

And now I wonder... Why do I keep bothering to even talk if I am not going to be listened? Must be the fact that I'm sick of hearing this sort of comments everywhere and I get an overwhelming urge to defend myself.

To be honest, I've been always f*cking ashamed of being what I am because I'm viewed as nothing more but an animal, a piece of nothing that is only useful for sexual purposes. I hate being physically a female. I hate it. I wish I could change it, maybe I'd be treated like a human being for once.

Rant over. Let's move on. Sorry for going off topic.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Eh... Highschool is not the best place to find love, in my opinion. I would wait a bit and enjoy my young years while they last, but that's just me.

You obviously love unleashing my rage.

Excuse me, sir. I suggest you to go educate yourself and quit talking about the opposite sex as if we were animals before running your misogynist mouth again.

With such mentality, you aren't going to have luck with girls ever. I wouldn't like to date a guy who thinks I'm self-centered and dumb and only useful for sex.

And now I wonder... Why do I keep bothering to even talk if I am not going to be listened? Must be the fact that I'm sick of hearing this sort of comments everywhere and I get an overwhelming urge to defend myself.

To be honest, I've been always f*cking ashamed of being what I am because I'm viewed as nothing more but an animal, a piece of nothing that is only useful for sexual purposes. I hate being physically a female. I hate it. I wish I could change it, maybe I'd be treated like a human being for once.

Not everyone feels the way he does. You have every reason to rant. I feel the same way too, as if I'm not treated as a human being, but I'm a guy.

Last edited:

OceanMist

QUOTEHellhoundYou obviously love unleashing my rage.

None of my posts are in any way intended at making someone angry. That sucks that you don't like what I say.

I don't know how what I say on here manages to bother people so much. Especially my post on this thread. Nothing I said in there was off the wall.

Uh, what the heck did I say that was mysogynistic??

Saying that women like to talk about themselves is mysoginistic to you? Wow, that's ridiculous.

There's nothing wrong with anyone liking to talk about themselves. I don't know how you managed to turn that statement about women liking to talk about themselves into a negative statement.

Not only is the statement true, it's perfectly okay. What's bad about wanting to talk about yourself? It's not like I said women are selfish or something.

Wow, where are you getting that stuff?

First of all, I have had luck with lots of women in the past year. I've gone on dates with over 10 different women and have connected with about all of them on a pretty decent level.

Heck, I even had sex with 4 of them. If I'm so bad with women, then explain how they are connecting with me and even sleeping with me?

You know what one girl said about me, and I quote, "You are the greatest guy I've ever met."

I don't think women are dumb, and I honestly have no clue where you are getting that from? Where did I say women are dumb? Of course I don't think women are dumb. I mean how many women have high IQs....tons.

Saying women are dumb doesn't even make sense.

Women aren't self centered either. Don't know where you got that from?

Just because women like to talk about themselves doesn't make them self-centered. It seems you have somehow misinterpreted my posts. I have no idea how you did that considering my writing is pretty darn clear and should be easy to understand.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I always listen to people and give people responses when they respond to my posts.

Wow, I honestly have no clue where you are getting this stuff from. I definitely don't think women are just useful for sex.

Women are equal to men imo.