pretty people

loloy

does anyone feel that because they are pretty they are even more self conscious? you'd think it would be the other way around but not with me. I feel if people like how I look then I have to act great or they will not like me anymore. Even strangers on the street...... they might like how I look and if they saw me embarrassed or whatever they would perceive me as not great anymore and Id hate that - even though they are strangers and Il probable never see them again.

lunarla

I wish my problem was looking pretty, ha. Other way around for me. But I'm sure if I gave someone an initially good impression I'd be anxious to mess it up. At least, if the person was important.

Oh, but I guess I have been self-conscious before about having a womanly body. More in a paranoid way though.

Last edited:

loloy

the big question is how do we learn to relax and not worry if we make a mistake??? learn to accept ourselves and love ourselves.. SIMPLE. yeah right!

indeep

you dont exist on this earth to please people/ try to be what they need you to be
I was confused about that too -what a ripoff!!
be you- don't give it up or second guess it. It takes practice
try to relax (I know how hard that is-but self respect is a high trust me)
stand your ground in the way you choose and see what happens....

it helps to remember this basic: pleasing people will never make them like you!

Rexus

i think looking pretty is better than looking ugly if u have phobia. bt i think we're all pretty in our own way so :p

Bama_Heath

It's sounds crazy probably but I feel that I am a Good/Decent looking guy and that it has caused me problems as well. All through my young adult life I could pretty much go out with any girl I wanted but it was always because of them being attracted to my looks, wit/charisma (which was basically a mask I was wearing) and my status as a musician. But whenever I tried to be the 'Real' me....they wanted nothing to do with me. I kind of felt how most girls feel in that I was always just treated like a piece of meat or eye candy for those girls to have fun and play with and they didn't care about the person that I was on the inside.

This may hold true for girls. Not for guys, though. Unless the guy is extremely good-looking, it's mostly personality, social status and money that makes him attractive to the opposite sex.

loloy

is another part of sa hate having your expressions/ people looking at your face? I guess it is and Im probably only lying to myself im so pretty people are looking at me and I hate it but it shouldnt be an excuse that because im pretty people look at me and I hate it, its because I have sa and thats why i notice if a person looks at me, not because im pretty but because im socially anxious..... if this makes sense.

Bama_Heath

I thought this question was about how you behave around pretty people...lol. Well, might as well answer my own question since I asked it. I feel like I don't belong in the presence of beautiful people. I almost feel masculine or odd. I'm strange. I wonder if I make you pretty people feel awkward. LOL!!

I don't understand why you would feel awkward in the presence of 'beautiful people'. You look like Jessica Alba who is one of the most beautiful women in the world. You say you feel odd or masculine...why is that specifically if you feel comfortable answering? The only times I have heard a girl say something similar was because she was athletic and into exercise and sports. For what it is worth though...you don't make me feel awkward...LOL...not that I'm 'pretty'....ya know...being a guy and whatnot :)

Felgen

This may hold true for girls. Not for guys, though. Unless the guy is extremely good-looking, it's mostly personality, social status and money that makes him attractive to the opposite sex.

Looks are one of the factors that make up social status. So are social skills, your car, your income, who your friends are and so on.

Lost Girl

I hate getting leered or whistled at, especially by groups of men. I just want to pick up a brick and throw it at them quite honestly.
I still don't get why they do that, carry on that way to a girl who is on her own while they are in a group. There's way too many dickheads in the world, and they seem to travel in packs.

lunarla

I hate getting leered or whistled at, especially by groups of men. I just want to pick up a brick and throw it at them quite honestly.
I still don't get why they do that, carry on that way to a girl who is on her own while they are in a group. There's way too many dickheads in the world, and they seem to travel in packs.

Yesss, this! This is the only way I can relate to the topic of this thread regarding any insecurities on qualities that someone might actually find appealing about me physically. Simply being a female is super uncomfortable at times because of such dickheads.

Pookah

I was going to say "I wish I had this problem," but SA isn't rational. Average, pretty, whatever it just is what it is.

xSleepy

I have never felt this way before.

I think it's obvious that what you think is irrational. If I see an attractive person I don't assume they are perfect and/or great. I don't assume they can hold a conversation or that they never get embarassed or never trip and fall. I don't hold anyone to high standards like that. So I'm sure most don't think that way about you. And I wish you didn't feel that way :(

I think you just need to learn to be happy with yourself and be happy with not pleasing anyone but yourself. If you feel like you lack certain things with your personality or the way you talk or behave, then you should just try working on it. Don't work on it just for other people, do it for yourself. At the end of the day you can't please everyone. That's why being secure and happy with who you are, inside and out, is very important.

I'm actually a very insecure person... I'm not that insecure with my personality though. I am shy and quiet, I get embarrassed easily, I stutter a little, my voice gets shaky and I just act like a weirdo. But if I look nice I don't feel like I have to impress or please anyone. Unless your a paid entertainer like Britney Spears, there's no reason why you should feel liek you have to be a certain way, especially not because of how you look!

Anyways, I'm sorry you feel this way. I hope you can work on it and one day be happy with pleasing no one but yourself :)

Last edited: