Post something nice someone has done for you.

simpsons2007

Its quite simple. Post something nice someone has done for you. It could be a family member, a friend, a stranger or someone you don't know very well.

It would be good to hear something nice that people have done for us for a change. Instead of hearing all the rubbish people have put us through. It doesn't matter how small or large it is. But I thought it would be a good thread to start. To give everyone on here a bit of hope that everyone we meet doesn't have to be nasty because there are some good people out there we can believe in.

I guess I'll start with mine.

As some of you might already know from a thread I made a while ago I am a recovering alcoholic.

Anyway. I wont go into that again :rolleyes:. But the nicest thing that someone has done for me was back when I was a complete drunk. At the time it happened it was one of my many lowest points of life. I was the most depressed I have ever been.

It was about 5yrs ago. I had already drank 1ltr of vodka and then went out to the pub and drank even more (back then I was a very heavy drinker). I don't remember how much more I had at the pub but it was a lot. Anyway we had just had two weeks of really heavy rain and the river which runs through the town that I live in was very swollen. It was about 4 times the depth it normally was.

I was sat on the river bank slowly working my way forward down the bank. Thinking "I can't cope with this anymore". Getting closer and closer to the water (btw I can't swim). I think you can guess what I was going/trying to do. Without having to spell it out for you. I was this close to going through with it when out of nowhere. This stranger grabbed me by my belt (which gave me this massive wedgie lol :)) and dragged me up the bank. He made sure I was alright, he talked to me for a bit (reassuring me that life is worthing living and stuff like that) and walked me home. He made sure I got in ok before going his own way.

To this day I still have no idea who this bloke was. But if it wasn't for this kind stranger doing what he did when he did and pulled me up. I honestly don't think I would be here right now!

Phoenixx

Someone played some scrabble with me online a few times toward the end of the summer. Kept me sane. I am grateful.
^ Did that someone manage to kick your butt three times before you eventually got the tie-breaker?

Today in Accounting, the guy in my group was nice enough to help me and another girl out with a problem we were working on. And by helping, I mean actually explaining it and writing it out and not just telling me the answer. I truly appreciate it. :)

zoulaykha

The nicest thing you can ever do to me is to try to know me better even though you noticed that i have some problems considering socializing, fortunately, i've met people like that, but it wasn't easy, for both sides

^ Did that someone manage to kick your butt three times before you eventually got the tie-breaker?

Someone won 3 games in a row, then I won 3 games in a row, then Someone won the tie-breaker. However, I seem to recall having the best word of the whole series of games ("ordinary", 95 points, I believe).

I really should thank that someone for giving me one positive experience for this summer.

Phoenixx

Someone won 3 games in a row, then I won 3 games in a row, then Someone won the tie-breaker. However, I seem to recall having the best word of the whole series of games ("ordinary", 95 points, I believe).

I really should thank that someone for giving me one positive experience for this summer.
^ Oh that's right. And you should thank them. It was probably a really fun experience for them too.

I think you should play another game with someone sometime, see if you can tie yet again.... and possibly break said tie, but that may prove to be difficult.

vexatiousmind

I went to get an I.D. made at school today, because I have to have it to get into one of my classes.

Anyway the lady didn't charge me, and she gave me a backpack tote bag thing, with goodies inside.:)

I love this thread! What a great idea!

Earlier this year I was under a lot of stress. I was trying to hold onto my job with an illness Id cut back to 4days but was struggling to keep up and was feeling the presssure to do 5days work in 4, the bosses were really piling on the pressure. I was due to move house on Feb 2nd. Late Jan I got called into a meeting in work were I was offered a choice, a great promotion involving more hours in an exciting new role but all travel or redundancy. I was completely stressed. I could barely manage 4days.Id just signed a new house lease. I went into complete overload totally stressed, they wanted a decision quickly. I was totally run down and it triggered a really bad attack were I landed myself back in hospital for two weeks. I was supposed to be out of my old house by Feb
2nd and nothing was done. My best friend called in every morning and every night a.big deal because she had just lost her mom at Christmas and the last place she wanted to be was in a hospital plus she has a son, she's a single parent. I dunno how she managed it

But then I realised by the 1st that I wasn't going to be out for another week but even if by some miracle I did, I wouldn't be home in time pack to everything up and get out by the 2nd so I rang my landlord to explain. He told me that he already knew and it was fine, it had all been sorted. It turns out my best friend had been over and packed up all my personal stuff then rallied my friends to pack up and move the rest of the house. She'd gotten the lads I live with to pull the finger out and get their own stuff sorted. All my friends packed everything and cleaned the oven etc. all that kinda stuff. She came in on the 2nd with coffee as usual but instead of going for a walk down to the garden area she snook me out, (only 15 min drive to my house) so I cud do one last check nothing was left needing be done and she had me back within half hour of our sneaking
out. Then she dropped the keys off to my landlords. Just so nice when I got out on the 7th that I didn't have to worry about the house :)

Merel

Whenever I'm home and working full time, my mom always makes me dinner and does my laundry just like she does for my dad who works 60+ hours a week. I'm perfectly capable of doing this myself and I'm so grateful for having her as a mom these 20 years, but honestly I feel like a leech.