poll for people

What best describes you or how you think you'd be if you didn't want to have sex?

• I'm a guy and I wouldn't talk about it to anyone.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm a guy and I'd talk about it only to people I trust enough.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'm a guy and I'd talk about it to anyone.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm a girl and I wouldn't talk about it to anyone.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I'm a girl and I'd talk about it only to people I trust enough.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I'm a girl and I'd talk about it to anyone.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gummybear22

this is for anyone to answer whether you want to have sex or not. if you do, think about if you didn't and if you'd talk about it or not.

i'm a girl and don't tell real life people that i don't want sex (I don't talk about that topic at all, even when someone brings up family/kids that they think i'd have), so i'm curious if you'd tell real life people. a couple of times, I have told my mom that i don't want to get married/have kids (just by saying 'no' when she mentions it) just because she brought it up way too many times, but i didn't say anything further since i don't want to talk to her about ANY of that stuff.

if you hAve talked about it to anyone in real life, even briefly mentioning it if it came up, what were their reactions?

Livemylife

can't i just ask questions and not be assumed to be asexual.

Oh well the first sentence you wrote reads "I don't want sex" which is something commonly said by asexuals.
I wasn't assuming you were asexual, just that reading the sentence "I don't want sex" made asexuality pop into my head.

worrywort

Talking about sex with people is difficult. I don't think I've actually ever spoken to anyone in real life about my opinions on sex and all things related. Not even close friends or family members. I'd like to though. Sometimes I have questions or problems that bother me and I'd really like to talk to someone about it. But I just don't think it'll ever happen. I don't have any relationships that could stand that level of awkwardness! Luckily, however, there's the internet!!! Anonymous forums and talking to kind strangers about personal matters can sometimes help a lot.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
worm-cute-cartoon-flipped.jpg