Political Junkies?

ridicule

I happen to love and hate politics, at the same time. The process in which the entire free world is very attractive, but at the same time..... well, if you follow things closely, you know what I was going to say next.

So anyone else out there can't help but be addicted to congressional drama and the process in which ultimately determines all of our fates in the US?

drganon

I know way too much useless info about politics. I could tell you who the last 6 vice presidents were, without looking it up first.

Steppen-Wolf

I guess I'm an odd case, I know a lot about international/US politics, far more than local affairs.

I guess in great part due to the fact that watching CNN International really helped me with my English (when you can understand what some random arab guy is trying to say with a heavy accent and broken English then you know you can understand just about everything in the language).

Also I find it relaxing for some reason... Thinking of the worlds problems, not directly related to me, seems to help me keep my mind off my own problems.

B

Beatrice

Also I find it relaxing for some reason... Thinking of the worlds problems, not directly related to me, seems to help me keep my mind off my own problems.

Interesting...... For me it does the opposite, it actually gets me anxious. But I can definitely see how it could be the way you described it.

sprode

There is nothing I despise more than politics, the crooks, and their sponsors who make our lives miserable.

However I know I tend to drone on about it an awful lot... because it makes me so angry.

panicsurvivor

Politics in America is smoke and mirrors. It is meant to keep half of America angry at the other half, while a very small amount of Americans get rich and powerful off our stupidity.