Please suggest a way out.

Neil Young

I have been psychologically ill for about 15 yrs. I am 23 now.

I look very good. Over the years many many girls have been interested in me.

I am very intelligent. Had always been among the top 3 students in my batch during school. I have done engineering from a very reputed college.

I am good at sports. But, i have always been avoidant due to the anxiety provoking situations, and hence never participated in some competition.

I ride bikes insanely. Fortunately, i have never had any accident.

I smoke, drink and dope heavily. I self exercise my own medication (anti-depressants & anti-anxiety).

People love me. They respect me. I amaze them.

I hold my parents guilty for making me insane
(emotional abuse during childhood,"You are bad, weak , and pathetic.Hehehehehehehe"),
and have stopped talking to them. I live alone. I have a decent job.

I believe that i have ocd (not to be bad, seek perfection), fear of embarrasment, social anxiety, depression and have started getting panic attacks recently.

I think i am fake and have always been obsessed with making others think good of me.

What to do. DO suggest.
Also kindly suggest how to cure ocd? Do anti-anxiety/ anti depressants work for ocd?

Noca

Banned
The best anti-depressants for OCD are Anafrinil and Luvox. Give them a try, Luvox is has a little less side effects than Anafrinil.

Last edited:

BlackKids

Get of the drugs, alcohol. Get regular sleep patterns. make sure you have a healthy diet and stop self medicating. Keep up with the exercise.
Go see a doctor and he will decide what and if you need any meds. I've done everything I mentioned this summer and its made a huge difference. I feel like a new man. :)

Last edited:

Remus

Staff member
drugs failed to help my OCD, CBT has worked somewhat

I suggest seeing a shrinkl

Rodney

You seem like a very confident guy who everyone likes... so what's the problem? Stop the drugs and alcohol and I'm sure you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself. Also make an appointment with a psychologist, they may be able to help you out more than people on this site. Best of luck to ya. :)

blue-roses

Firstly, give up the weed! Sorry, I can see that self-medication might seem like a good escape, but my brother is the biggest pothead I've ever met and he's also the most violent, selfish, angry, paranoid and useless person I know, so I really feel strongly about the belief that cannabis is a "harmless" drug.

Try to just keep your head up and keep going. You're very lucky in that you're physically attractive and have a good job; even though you might feel terrible about yourself, those things are a huge help. See a doctor or a therapist, preferably have some kind of counselling to change your thinking patterns, rather than just drug treatments, do some exercise, eat well, all that!

Don't let some of the more negative people on the forums bring you down, and good luck!

getbornagain

I'm exactly the same way as you. I am the most sociable person I know, I obsess with social perfection, everything on the outside looks good, I come across cool, calm and collected to everyone. But on the inside I'm completely ****ed up with anxiety/depression/OCD.

My suggestion is aquire a healthy lifestyle first, it has been working for me. Anxiety levels have plummeted, depression has faded. Stop drinking and doing drugs, it only makes your symptoms worse. Try therapy, it helps to talk to someone. I can't fully answer your question, as I'm not completely out of the mental prison myself.

The previous poster blasted antidepressants, but my personal experience with them has been positive. My brain became pretty messed up from heavy cocaine and alcohol use, coupled with years of stress, it kicked my anxiety disorder into 2nd gear. The SSRIs (antidepressants) really helped me gain a more positive outlook on life, and somewhat helped the OCD. However, therapy is the ultimate key to overcoming OCD. You must learn mental discipline.

Last edited: