Picky in dating

InvisaLady

I know that feeling all too well. I'll admit I've been biding my time with a fellow I know is not "the one" I have been waiting for 3 years now for someone whom i feel something for but unfortunately all i get are the ones that look like billy mays.
I know I'm not pretty or at age 34 desirable, but must they all look like that?

Fey

I've seen it go both ways, with people who have anxiety, depression, or who struggle with loneliness having no standards at all or focusing too much on details. I've experienced both at different points in my life and both of them sucked, to be honest.

Some level of pickiness is fine. No one should have to be with someone who makes them unhappy or treats them poorly, whether or not they have anxiety. Just because someone else thinks they're attractive enough, or smart enough, or make enough money to be a good match. There's more to it than that and it's a personal choice, not a societal one. What other people would want for themselves doesn't matter for an individual.

If it's preventing people from making healthy connections over minor details that don't actually matter to them, like they feel they have to have someone with a perfect appearance so that they look good themselves, then it's more of a problem. Some people focus on other people's flaws so much that they block everyone out, or they project all their anger and unhappiness onto people they might otherwise like.