Perfected Steak

DukeOtakuNukem

I can't believe it!!! After all of these years of experimenting on grilling steaks, I FINALLY have managed to grill steaks perfectly with the diamond sear, and the authentic steakhouse taste! Just this has washed away everything I was ever upset about, because cooking is my secondary hobby aside from gaming, and this is something I'm very content about accomplishing!!

Lou-s-Darkness

Congratulations! Cooking is a great hobby. It distracts you and then you get a super delicious meal afterwards...What more can one ask for lol.

DukeOtakuNukem

Congratulations! Cooking is a great hobby. It distracts you and then you get a super delicious meal afterwards...What more can one ask for lol.

Exactly!!! Thanks! I'm very happy about this, one of my greatest accomplishments in a while, nothing makes me feel better than knowing that I have just my father and myself the greatest steak a steak enthusiast can ask for!

DukeOtakuNukem

What, you're going to say nothing about seasonings, charcoal type and amount, cut, etc?

I have a gas grill. I used salt and pepper, oiled the grill grate prior to turning on the grill, and I left the steak out for 30 minutes to reach room temperature, and I left one burner on high and the other one on medium, seared one part of the steak, turned it counterclockwise 45 degrees to sear the other part, turned it did the same thing and then placed the steaks on the medium burner, and warmed the plates through an oven before placing the steaks on it, let it sit for 5 minutes for juices to absorb, and serve! There is a bit to this process, but it is awarding in both taste and confidence!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Hrmm. Well personally, I can't imagine the perfect steak not having any flavor from the wood &/or charcoal used to cook it. I prefer a predominance of oak with a bit of mesquite, myself.

Phoenixx

I can't believe it!!! After all of these years of experimenting on grilling steaks, I FINALLY have managed to grill steaks perfectly with the diamond sear, and the authentic steakhouse taste! Just this has washed away everything I was ever upset about, because cooking is my secondary hobby aside from gaming, and this is something I'm very content about accomplishing!!
^ Awesome! :thumbup: It took me a good year before I could finally cook steak properly. It's tricky, but actually not too difficult. While having those diamond markings are nice, I usually don't even worry about it. (Mostly because I'm too lazy to even pay attention to getting the "perfect" sear markings on the steak.) As long as I can get it to the perfect texture and flavor, it's all good to me.

Cooking as a hobby is fantastic. It can be really therapeutic. Sometimes though, if the procedure doesn't help you feel any better, but your food is still edible, you can still eat your feelings. Win-win!

neardeath

I share your enthusiasm! The best meal is a grilled meal. Love my Weber Jumbo Joe portable grill! I'm an apartment dweller, so I use this little one and find a nice picnic facility where I dig in and take my time. Cheers!

Cool, man! :thumbup: Nothing beats a good steak!